Growls pics

Moderator: Mods

Neokireina

Growls pics

Post by Neokireina »

Here's some updated pictues of what growls looks like now.

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Is he moulting? If so is this his first?

Too bad he isnt accepted into the flock yet, bless his heart. My lil Chief has too been outcasted by his stuck up, gucci carrying sisters. :roll:

And, how old is he?
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

He only just growing those feathers he's too little to moult :P He's about 6-7 weeks old

I'm not sure if he's flying a little early, he's pretty bad at it. I think most ringnecks wait till they are fully feathered and just go and keep going.

He's learning the word pOoP. I take him off my shoulder put him on the table and ask him to poop and he does, then he can get back on my shoulder.

He flaps around into the bird room and follows Kiva around begging. It really makes me sad, Kiva isnt going to feed him. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting him to wean.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Pics can be deceiving, he looks HUGE.

That explains his look.

I wish I would have had a weening problem. I loved feeding but one day I went to give Baby her morning feeding and she refused, never was able to experience it with her again. :cry: From that day forward she ate what I gave her and refused all hand feedings. She could have given me some warning. *pout*

I went back and compared him to other objects in the picture and realize now how tiny the fella is.
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

You should try again, My birds even now will eat the spoon feeding mix. My suns go NUTS and dive head first into the stuff, they KNOW the sound of the cup and if you have a sundee or something that even LOOKS like a cup with a spoon they are into it.

Because there's no way kiva can get past the sunnies for some food I pour a little bit into a coke bottle top and he chows down on that, when Bappy isnt stealing it. Poor kiva, he was raised on that stuff too. Sometimes he eats from the spoon if there are no suns around.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Now that she is a big girl she will eat from ANYTHING haha.

She has even tried to crawl in my mouth for food... no no, bad girl!

She has such a great tummy, she eats sooo much. I like that in her.
~ Mikaela Sky

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Growls is very cute. Im raising a green and a lutino at the moment, I think they are about 5 weeks, they are my first ringnecks I have handraised and I love them! I raise lots of birds but I thik these guys and my first ever are my favourites :)
-Chamon-

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

how adorable.... i was thinking of getting a lutino but it was 3 weeks and was being handfed by the breeder she was going to give it to me but i refused cause i work, so i wouldnt be able to feed her at the corredt times.... that reminds me need to get more baby formula for bella she loves it and i run out... :(
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I took Swift and Growls to work and fed them during lunch. Now He has soaked seed during the day and I feed him before and after work.

What do you all think does he look like a boy bird or a girl bird.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Chamon:

I didnt know you had babies? Have you posted pics? If so, I'll dig back and look for them.

So, you being a very devoted Mom, tell me, should I continue to harbor guilt about Baby being my favorite? Or is that common with bird owners? I think it is because I hand-feed her and didnt my other babies.

Then again, it may be because she is just AWESOME. She is so funny and sweet. She loves life and everything about it. Poor ol Peek-a-Boo has an anxiety disorder and she is always just waiting for something bad to happen. And well Cheif, we arent sure if he is actually real or a stuffed toy. The only proof that we didnt get ripped off is that his food and water disappears, other than that we wouldnt know hehe.
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Do any of you find that the bird(s) that you love the most tent to love you more?

Bappy and Froggy are definatly my babies they always fly to me and love being with me. But Zek doesnt for some reason, he's Jay's bird and will happily step up for Jay but not me as much. Also Kiva only really lets me harass him but he's a little skittish.
Melika

Post by Melika »

The ones I love the most bite me more, but also spend more time with me, lol.

I found if I get posessive of any of my animals they start drifting to other family members. SO I keep myself in check with that... :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay