Hey Jen:...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Hey Jen:...

Post by Mikaela »

Is your little fella coming around more and more?

If so, please let me know what worked for him. If not, lets try to get him on track. He has been with you long enough now... for sure.

Let me know, I so wory about ya'lls relationship. I know how much you love him and I bet by now the feeling is mutual!

Let me know Baby Girl.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey lady,
Well we have made some major bounds in our relationship. He still won't let me inside his cage without throwing himself around like a mad bird. But I respect that and I'm not pushing the issue. He comes to the door of the cage and hangs out quite a lot now. Even when I talk to him he doesn't run back inside the cage. Like he used to. Last night he was even asleep standing in the doorway of the cage. One leg tucked and his little head turned backwards buried in his back. Sound asleep for the longest time. With me less than an arms length away. He has come out of his cage and in to the living room a few times now. And has stepped up on to my hand after much chasing around the room. No bites. But he flutters right up my arm to my shoulder. That's where he's comfortable. He has hung out on my shoulder three times now for over an hour each time. And I've gotten kisses from him those three times! Where he has taken my bottom lip between each beak and touched my lip with his tongue. NO BITING EITHER! :D :D I told my husband I was probably really stupid for doing that cuz if he wanted he could rip my lip off my face. But I just had to kiss him. I've been waiting for so long now. And I finally got to. I'm going to let him get used to hanging out on my shoulder and then try to offer my hand to him. When I put my hand up to my shoulder he tends to get a little flighty. So... I'm just not going to push the issue. Funny thing was once I tried to offer him some food while he was on my shoulder. He dropped his neck down, pinned those eyes, and I swear he was growling at it! He does not like when I offer him food. So... Even does that when he's in his cage. What do ya' do?? I've had him a month now and I'm happy with where we're heading. I would LOVE more interaction with him. But I'm sure now that that's going to come with time. I'm not so down about it. Last Sat. when he came out of his cage he was hanging out on my dogs kennel. So I went and got the spray bottle and filled with very warm water. I sprayed him down and he just stood there and enjoyed it. Then I got our hairdryer out and sat across from him and with it on low blew him dry. How cool that was! I was so excited that he just sat there and enjoyed it. I keep telling him if he'll just put a little more trust in me he's going to really enjoy his little birdy self. So... Thanks for the inquiry! We appreciate it! And we so appreciate ALL THE HELPFUL ADVICE!! We wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for you and the board members. You guys are the best.

Much Respect and many hugs,
Jen & Byndi