LOTS of pink on Lutino Male

Moderator: Mods

rick_s0910

LOTS of pink on Lutino Male

Post by rick_s0910 »

Hello,

I purchased a Lutino juvenile male IRN two days ago. He is 1year 5monts old and is barely starting to show a ring but his cheecks are also turning pink. His brother's ring was a lot more visible and the whole back part of the neck and a large part of the cheecks were also pink. The pink is barely visible in mine, I havent gotten a good picture of it. I hope the cheecks get darker as his ring starts getting more visible. I tried to convince the breeder to sell me his brother too but she declined every offer I threw at her. She said this is the 5th year she gets babies from her Lutino pair and it is the first time she sees so much pink on them. Is it normal for them to have so much pink? What do you think this means?

Thanks for your time,
julie

Re: LOTS of pink on Lutino Male

Post by julie »

Hi Rick, this thread http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=4&t=8305 may be of use. sorry you may also get a headache reading it too.
Recio

Re: LOTS of pink on Lutino Male

Post by Recio »

Hi Rick,

Do you know if the birds are SL-ino or NSL-ino (recessive)?
Could you post a close pic of the head of your bird or his brother?
Do you know if they are male or female? When did appear the pink colour: at first feathering, after first moulting, at sexual maturity, ... ?
Dis you ask the breeder if he has tried any manipulations (colorant for canaries, injection of colorant in the eggs ...?

Cheers

Recio