What color is this

Moderator: Mods

rick_s0910

What color is this

Post by rick_s0910 »

Hi again,

I'm in the process of purchasing a female ringneck. It was advertised as an Olive female but, the person I'm buying it from doesnt know too much about their mutations. Every time I find someone selling an Olive (DF Darkgreen) , it usually ends up being a Grey-green or a Cinnamon Grey-green, so I asked for some pics. Well, she isnt an Olive but Im trying to figure out what color she actually is. I suspect its a Cinnamon Turquoiseblue but his pics arent good and he doesnt have any more. She is obviously a cinnamon. The only thing throwing me off is that she has some blue "patches" on her wings .I'm gonna go see her before I purchase her but I want to see what you all think...

I asked him some specific questions and this is what he answered...

Her primary flight feathers are a grayish kinda cinnamon color with blue/turquoise outer edges. Her feet are light grey and the nails probably a little darker. The top mandible is dull red with the end tipped dull black and the lower mandible is dull black. No blue on her face. Rump right at the tail is blueish green. Over all color is olive green with tendencies toward a yellow cast and an overall slight cinnamon or grayish cast. The pin in the tail feather looks light cinnamon/brown with feather color gray fading into turquoise and tipped olive.

Thanks for your help,

Rick
julie

Re: What color is this

Post by julie »

This thread may help you. I wouldnt say she is olive though. http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=1&t=3305
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
It looks to be a pastel skyblue.
If the bird is mature or past 8 months old as easy way to tell if it is a cinnamon bird will be to look for these things.
A cinnamon line bird will have usually pinkish legs with bone coloured nails and both beaks will be red.
Now a dominant edged cinnamon will have flights the same colour as rest of wings but lighter in colour and the rest of the bird is normally darker than a normal cinnamon but there legs are more grey and nails are slightly darker.
If you could get some clearer photos it would be great.
It is not a olive or grey green.
Maybe ask the person if they know what the parents are then it will be easy to work out what it is.
Cheers
rick_s0910

Post by rick_s0910 »

Thank you both for your help. Sorry I took long to reply. Ive been extremely busy