Indian Ring neck Fighting

Moderator: Mods

Irfangi

Indian Ring neck Fighting

Post by Irfangi »

Hi All !!

I just wanted to ask if anyone can help me out, that one of my Yellow Indian ringneck pairs which raised four chicks in last season, has started fighting each other , i am unable to understand why are they fighting. I kept them seperate for atleast four months but again when i put them togather for this season they started fighting again plz tell me whyyyyyyyyyy????

Irfan Ahmed
Pakistan
julie

Post by julie »

some questions so we can get a better idea of what is going on.
when you say they are fighting is there any blood drawn ? (attacking) or is it more like one doesn't want the other too close to it?

How big a cage are they in (pics if possible) ?

If its an aggression thing which bird is starting it? Is it the one that was/has been in the same cage all the time starting the fight?
Irfangi

Post by Irfangi »

Hi !

Thanks alot for writing. There is no signs of blood they are just attacking , actually female is attacking male. Following

Outer look of the breeding cage

http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu28 ... ngNeck.jpg

depth in side the breeding cage.

http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu28 ... ngneck.jpg

Somebody told me that this is just because of Harmonal changes this all is happening. But i kept them seprate cages in different cages for around six months but still the same problem.

Best Regards
Irfan
julie

Post by julie »

was the hen originally in the cage first?
Irfangi

Post by Irfangi »

They raised four chicks very healthy, in the middle of raising the chicks hen started attacking the male they after few days when there were no signs of calm , I seperated them and hen raised the chicks alone. In this season i put the male in the breeding cage and later i introduced the female in the cage but still female is attacking the male.

Irfan