Kalle

Moderator: Mods

*mia*

Kalle

Post by *mia* »

Hello!!

Here are som pic at the swedish IRN Kalle:

Kalle is 2 ½ years old.
I would like to know what kind of toys you have to your IRN? Is there anyone you can make yourself??
I´m not so good at english but you maby understand?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Dont worry about the English hun, not so good with it myself HA!

Sure you can make your own toys, all you need are a few pieces of rope and some wood blocks. Bam, toys. They love to chew and love to untie knots. Affix bells if you ARE SURE they are affixed so the bird cant get them off and choke himself.

Good luck! Are you in a place where you cant buy toys? Or is money an issue? I want all birdies to be happy and heatlhy. If you need help getting toys PM me and I will try to help you. No, wont be sending cash but I will send you new toys if you need them. Nice, not stupid :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

*mia*

Post by *mia* »

I can buy toys so that isn´t a issue :) .. I just tought that if I coukd make some toys that he can destroy. He has toys, and have alredy destroy many of them :D ..
Melika

Post by Melika »

Does he prefer destoying wood? Untying knots? Nibbling on rope? Cotton or sisal? Or does he like shredding paper? Once you know you can cater your toys to your IRN.

Hane, my IRN, loves all of the above with a special emphasis on knots specifiacally knots in leather. Therefore I would make homemade toys with wood, cotton rope, and lots of leather strips with knots in them.

For shredding toys, Hane loves black and white newspaper rolled up and stuck in a toilet paper roll. I always cut the roll though so he can't get caught inside. Besides newspaper I've used white computer paper as well. But he liked how the newspaper tears better.

His veggies and fruits often become a toy, especially when hung on a kabob. I've begun hanging his kabob in different places in his cage, sometimes making him hang upside-down to get to it. Just makes things a little more interesting for him.

But he loves all his store-bought toys too, especially the ones with big chunks of wood he can destroy.

Hane doesn't like swings, but my sister's IRN, Tsume, loves his swing. Every bird is an individual.

Kalle is a beautiful boy! You take good care of him. :D

You just gave me hope, lol. Hane does what Kalle did in that last picture. Maybe Hane is a boy after all. We'll just never know until he grows (or doesn't grow) his ring. ^_^

Oh, and for wood use untreated pine or other untreated softwoods. For rope make sure it hasn't been treated with anything either. The leather strips can be found from a birdtoy place, they normally have stuff you can buy for making your own toys.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

I have had him for only a couple of week about 3 week so I dosen´t know wich toy he prefer most. I just now that he likes to destroy, find food toy and thoose you use when you drink ( i don´t know what they are called on english) but i can show you a pict on it..

All of you have so beutiful birds :D
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

WOW! Green males are my fav!

Thanks for sharing!

Imran Chaudhry
Dani03

Handsome boy!

Post by Dani03 »

What a handsome boy! You've had him for how long? I love those green...so pretty.
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

I have had him for about 3 weeks now.. Í realy think IRN are beutiful birds. I think that he is trying to say hello but on swedish (hallå).. I hope so because it sould be verry fun if he begin to speak..

Do many of yours IRN speak?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Most all of our Irns have some vocabulary, except the babies.

Is there any of us that have an Irn over a yr old that doesnt speak? This is a good question *mia* thanks.
~ Mikaela Sky

*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Kalle doesn´t speak (yet?). I think it should be very fun to know how many, that has adopted a older IRN that could not speak, has begin to speak??
Do you think he can do that?
He is loves to sit on the shoulder when I´m scratch him in the neck, he makes this funny sound then. When I stop he comes and want me to scratch more..