Question about color of chicks

Moderator: Mods

a24karatgd79

Question about color of chicks

Post by a24karatgd79 »

I bought a pair of breeding irn's from a guy in arizona, danny pineda. Everyone i have talked to so far says he is very honest and knows exactly what he is talking about. The pair i bought from him are both lutino's split to blue, according to him. He said they would throw lutino's and white's. So far, all i get are lutino's. I'm just wondering if what he says is true, that two lutino's split to blue do throw lutino's and white's and if so, why not blues since both are split to blue? and also, if they are supposed to throw whites, why out of three clutches do i have only lutinos? Any help would be be greatly appreciated. thanks
lacy
Jay

Re: Question about color of chicks

Post by Jay »

a24karatgd79 wrote:I bought a pair of breeding irn's from a guy in arizona, danny pineda. Everyone i have talked to so far says he is very honest and knows exactly what he is talking about. The pair i bought from him are both lutino's split to blue, according to him. He said they would throw lutino's and white's. So far, all i get are lutino's. I'm just wondering if what he says is true, that two lutino's split to blue do throw lutino's and white's and if so, why not blues since both are split to blue? and also, if they are supposed to throw whites, why out of three clutches do i have only lutinos? Any help would be be greatly appreciated. thanks
lacy

"Whites" or Albinos are actually Blue mutation birds. You get them at 25% probability. But just because the probability is 25% doesn't mean 1 out of 4 birds is going to be white. It's whatever "mother nature" choses to give you. Though not likely, it's theoretically possible to get only Yellow birds from this pairing.
a24karatgd79

oh darn

Post by a24karatgd79 »

Well, ok, I sure did want an albino though. I guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Mother nature isn't on my side it appears. thanks for the info.