about eggs hatching - can anyone answer me back please.

Moderator: Mods

rebecca malka

about eggs hatching - can anyone answer me back please.

Post by rebecca malka »

Hi there. I own IRNs. At present there are three pairs with eggs. The one pair I am concerned about is my blue pair, Princess laid her first egg on February 20/2009 and her last egg on February 26/2009. On the 17th of March2009 one egg hatched but did not survive the night it was really well developed. Apparently Princess had laid eggs prior to this clutch before I had purchased her. Is it possible that her previous eggs were taken from her and she just didn't know what to do? She doesn't really sit on her eggs as much as the other two female birds. The other birds are green pairs. When should I remove the eggs if none hatch soon? Another female Sunshine also laid her first egg on 20/02/2009 and her last one of 5 eggs on 24/02/2009, one egg was destroyed however on 05/03/2009, one egg hatched on 16/03/2009 but the others have yet to hatch. Is this normal to have such an interval between hatchings? My third female is Maman' last spring 3 eggs hatched but the third one didn't make it, it was very small and very weak with five days between the other two who are fine and just about to turn one on April 6/ This year Maman also laid three eggs, one hatched on 13/03/2009 and 14/03/2009 but the third has not yet hatched. The eggs were laid on 17/02/2009, 19/02/2009 and 24/02/2009. For all three females I would like your input if possible. We live in Israel, it is still cool at night and there are also flocks of wild birds about one kilometer from our house. Some wild IRNS VISIT ALMOST EVERY DAY. The birds are in a large cage 2.7 meters high by 2 meters deep and 2 meters wide. They have wood nesting boxes with private partitions so that there is no interference by the other females. Thank you in advance I'd like to hear from you. I am quite new at this breeding schedule. Rebecca
Jan

Re: about eggs hatching - can anyone answer me back please.

Post by Jan »

rebecca malka wrote:Hi there. I own IRNs. At present there are three pairs with eggs. The one pair I am concerned about is my blue pair, Princess laid her first egg on February 20/2009 and her last egg on February 26/2009. On the 17th of March2009 one egg hatched but did not survive the night it was really well developed. Apparently Princess had laid eggs prior to this clutch before I had purchased her. Is it possible that her previous eggs were taken from her and she just didn't know what to do? She doesn't really sit on her eggs as much as the other two female birds. The other birds are green pairs. When should I remove the eggs if none hatch soon? Another female Sunshine also laid her first egg on 20/02/2009 and her last one of 5 eggs on 24/02/2009, one egg was destroyed however on 05/03/2009, one egg hatched on 16/03/2009 but the others have yet to hatch. Is this normal to have such an interval between hatchings? My third female is Maman' last spring 3 eggs hatched but the third one didn't make it, it was very small and very weak with five days between the other two who are fine and just about to turn one on April 6/ This year Maman also laid three eggs, one hatched on 13/03/2009 and 14/03/2009 but the third has not yet hatched. The eggs were laid on 17/02/2009, 19/02/2009 and 24/02/2009. For all three females I would like your input if possible. We live in Israel, it is still cool at night and there are also flocks of wild birds about one kilometer from our house. Some wild IRNS VISIT ALMOST EVERY DAY. The birds are in a large cage 2.7 meters high by 2 meters deep and 2 meters wide. They have wood nesting boxes with private partitions so that there is no interference by the other females. Thank you in advance I'd like to hear from you. I am quite new at this breeding schedule. Rebecca
Hi Rebecca
I dont think it would make a diffirence if the eggs was removed at a earlier stage. I see you keep good record of the day's she laid the eggs. I usually keep record of it as well and therefore the inqubation period takes ± 23 days from where she actually started inqubating the eggs. Some birds start inqubating immidiatly and some wait untill all their eggs are laid. Wait untill the last egg was laid and then count 23 to 24 days later. This is wehn you can expect chicks to to start hatching. should nothing hatch within 30 day's from where the last egg was laid take the eggs out of the nest.

With the second pair it is possible to have intervals between hatchings. It depends on how the Female sits on the eggs and the time inqubation started for each egg. It is also possible that some of the eggs is infertile. This happens.

With the third Female it happens sometimes that the embrio dies inside the egg while inqubation is taking place. Once again this depends on how the female sits on the eggs and inqubates them.

Hope this will help

:) Chow Jan