PALLID AND PALLID-INO ARE THEY DIFFERENT !!

Moderator: Mods

ozziekate05

PALLID AND PALLID-INO ARE THEY DIFFERENT !!

Post by ozziekate05 »

JUST WONDERING IF PALLID AND PALLID-INO MEANS THE SAME ??????? THANKYOU CHEERS
ozzie
Fah

Post by Fah »

Heya, there is indeed when it comes to genetics.

A Pallid-ino, is a bird that carries the ino gene as a split. However pallid and ino are so closely linked that they actually mesh with each other in the males.

Visually, a pure pallid is generally of darker body than pallidino birds. Pallidino birds get lighter and lighter in colour the more times you put them to albino or creamino hens.

I have a pic up of a pallidino grey cock bird that was derived from continually putting pallidino greys to albino hens.

Each generation of pallidino and ino birds breeding together will lighten the body colour. You can end up with pallidino green males that look like a lutino, and pallidino grey males that look like an albino with a black ring.

This does produce lighter coloured hens, but not to the same extent and can take more generations.

Because these mutations are sex linked, hens can only be pallid OR ino, not both, but males can be pallid, ino, or pallidino.

Some people prefer the darker body with the bright contrasting head, some people like the lighter softer body with the pale head, others like the extremes like lutino looking birds with blackish brown neck rings or albino looking birds with black rings. Its all in the genetics.
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

Wow this stuff is sooo interesting !! Thanks !!! is your pallidino grey cock bird on this forum site cheers
ozzie
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

Here is a pic of a ringneck i bought , can you please tell me what the colour is ?? cheers Sandra PS I'm not sure how to do the picture thingy , maybe you can paste the link in your browser ??
ozzie
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

ozziekate05 wrote:Here is a pic of a ringneck i bought , can you please tell me what the colour is ?? cheers Sandra PS I'm not sure how to do the picture thingy , maybe you can paste the link in your browser ??

Lol !! I think i will have to insert a pic !! does anyone know how ??? Thanks
ozzie
Fah

Post by Fah »

There is actually a sticky (a forum topic that remains at the top) in the photo section of this forum.

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2773

That should get you going on putting pics up on this site :D