Baby's Tail

Moderator: Mods

babybird

Baby's Tail

Post by babybird »

My irn is a very old bird. he has had many owners and was abused by someone. we do know the last person that had our bird (baby) left him on the back porch all the time and he had little to no contact with anyone. when we first got him he did not like to be touched or talked to at all. he bit and snaped at anyone that came to close to his cage. it has taken me almost 4 months working with him everyday. with a little help from a bell that he had in his cage when we first got him I was able to get him to bond with my hand. my hand is the only thing that he likes now. if anyone other than me wants to touch him they need a bell. that is ok with me. for he has came along way. the other day I was giving him a bath with a squirt bottle when he saw himself in the mirror. he tryied to attack his reflection and in the process he broke his long feather on his tail. it makes us feel bad because he had been bitten by a dog that a previous owner had. he has one bum foot and he cant hold on to anything very good. all my wife and I want to know is will baby's tail grow back?[/b]
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Poor baby!! That's so sad. I just don't understand why anyone would want to do this to any animal.

His tail feather will grow back with the next molt. Don't worry.
babybird

Post by babybird »

:) Thank you for your reply,good to know! I was trying to post a pic of Baby, But wasn't having much luck.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

babybird wrote::) Thank you for your reply,good to know! I was trying to post a pic of Baby, But wasn't having much luck.

You're welcome!

I upload any pictures I want to post here to photobucket (shrink them a bit of course) and once they're on photobucket, I copy the IMG URL thingy and paste it here.
babybird

Post by babybird »

Thank you again! I've been playing in photobucket,hope this works.
Here's a pic of our Baby!