Sorry for the delay =)

Moderator: Mods

U.S Marine

Sorry for the delay =)

Post by U.S Marine »

just starting to get the orange ring around the eye.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

He/she? is absolutely adorable!! those real wood perches look cool! I do recommend more toys, tho. If you got the room. I know that toy cramming is an issue for birds with long tails. :D I found that out the hard way. Now my poor guy is well on his way to being a duckbutt. :D
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

How has the toys got in the way of their tails, has any of you're INR tail's broke off, how long did it take to grow back in...
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:How has the toys got in the way of their tails, has any of you're INR tail's broke off, how long did it take to grow back in...

From what I've read, young, long tailed parrots are known for not taking care of their tails until they're about a year old+. Not sure tho. Skye is only 8 months old or there abouts. He had a full tail when I got him. I only have one bird right now. I'm gonna hope he gets a pretty new tail with his next molt coming up in a few months. What Skye tends to do is drop from the top of his tall cage to the bottom of it and his tail smacks toys, perches, food dishes on the way down, no matter how i arrange it. I think duckbutt for young parrots is inevitable. I guess we'll see how well your baby does with his/her tail. Post some new pics in a few months.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Yea, i heard it before, when the bird smacks on too the floor with its feet, reminds me of a dinosaur, weird thing is his/her tail is growing back in but has not even molted yet.....my bird reminds me of your's with that dark dominate color on the wing area but a real light coat on the body=)

how old is sky, when did he get the full orange eye?
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Yea, i heard it before, when the bird smacks on too the floor with its feet, reminds me of a dinosaur, weird thing is his/her tail is growing back in but has not even molted yet.....my bird reminds me of your's with that dark dominate color on the wing area but a real light coat on the body=)

how old is sky, when did he get the full orange eye?

I got him when he was about 3 months old I'm not even 100% sure of his age. He got his orange ring around his eyes at around 5 months old.

I bought him at a pet store. The owner was off for the day and none of the other employees knew the bird's age. I estimate him at around 8-10 months assuming he was hatched in March/April like the employees at the pet store said.

This was him about 6 months ago and I had him for about 2 months at that point:

http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... light=skys

He looks way different. Lots of green feathers. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can find my USB cable for my camera. It's been missing for a while. >.<