Pretty Girl getting better...............

Moderator: Mods

LAAnnie

Pretty Girl getting better...............

Post by LAAnnie »

It's been one week since I took PeeGee to the vet and she gave injections of calcium and vitamin A. For the next several days, she was very sick, with a drooping wing andgeneral weakness. Very quiet, no flying. Just sitting quietly, which is not normal, since she is usually a very active and vocal bird.

Saturday I started giving her some homeopathic remedies -- echinacea to boost immune system, and aloe vera juice as a cleanse and antibacterial agent (it's relatively tasteless, so you can put it in the water).

Little by little she is improving, and has started flying again. Her feathers and coloring look better. I am hopeful that she will recover (even though I don't know what is wrong with her), but continue to watch her closely and give her as much vitamin-rich food as she will eat, in case it is a diet deficiency. I think this is one of those instances where the bird has to heal itself (of course, I do as much as I can, too).

Thanks to the group for all prayers, good wishes and advice!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I have just caught up with this story and I am sooo happy PeeGee is improving! My best wishes to you and lil PeeGee! Poor bub! Keep us updated! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

Thank goodness, she seems to be back to her normal feisty self. In fact, she looks better than I've seen her in a long time. Guess it was a combination of the vitamins, calcium and homeopathics that cured her. I will have to be careful to make sure she doesn't get run-down next time she moults.