The Color Red

Moderator: Mods

LuvIRNs92084

The Color Red

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

Is it true IRNs hate and cannot tolerate the color red?
Donna

Post by Donna »

Maybe there are some that don't like red but not all. So I wouldn't worry about redecorating just yet :lol:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
LuvIRNs92084

Thanks Been Freaken out about Red

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

Thank You, I just re-did my room Tropical, I handfed them in it, no problem. But I got a weird email from someone saying Red is a never due color.But I never read that in any research before I brought them home and up til now.So this last 24/hrs Ive been trying to find out if the Red thing is true. She said it caused serious mental emotional problems for the bird. Have you ever heard of this?
Kris
Donna

Post by Donna »

Never heard this before. :shock: I have taken in birds with mental and emotional problems but the color red was not the cause.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
LuvIRNs92084

Im at Ease Thanks

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

Thank you, talk about feeling like a bad mom.I know it sounded weird, but since Im new to IRN's, I ask a lot of questions. Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I thought maybe i was missing something.
Kris
Donna

Post by Donna »

You should never feel like a bad mom :? Questions are how we learn something new every day. Any way I read your intro, you are very experienced in birds and IRNs are no different.

I like Willy the coon :lol: I have a cocker spanial named Willy and he thinks he is a beagle :roll:

BTW Welcome to the board :wink:

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
LuvIRNs92084

Thank You,

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

Its so funny, I feel like a brand new mom with them, lol. They are awsome!
chobah

Post by chobah »

I have personally never heard of a specific breed of bird that hates the color red, but I have actually had a few different birds who absolutly hated it. they went nuts if i wore a red shirt. never had that problem with a ringneck, i don't think it's a breed specific thing. some birds just have their likes and dislikes just like people i guess. those birds were also foster birds, so they may have had a traumatic experience with a red thing maybe. guess I'll never know for sure. I also had a bird who was deathly afraid of baseball caps. I think he may have been abused by someone who wore them, or maybe he just didnt like that wierd thing sticking out of my husbands head.
LuvIRNs92084

Ball Caps

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

Thats weird my Macaw cant stand ball caps she freaks out. Everyone must leave there ball cap outside before entering. I really do make them, lol.
Kris
bec

Post by bec »

kieron loves his red perch & defends it from all invaders :lol: :lol: