Another Baby?

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Another Baby?

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Yall:

I would really like to get Baby a wife, though he loves Peaches so very much. He allows Peaches to run the hen house, for sure.

When she has had enough of him, she grabs him by his leg band and twists it until he yelps for mercy... then he gets the hell away from her.

But... would he be so nice to a bird of the same species? I mean, do birds that LOVE having other birds around do fine with their OWN kind?

This is a very early thought and may not culminate into anything but I would like to know... if a ringneck is willing to back down to a cockatiel... will he do the same with a ringneck?

Or is that a whoooole new different ball game? They are so happy together as is, Im scared to change a thing. But if I could have a baby it would take my mind off all the trama as of late.

I need a baby :cry:

But it isnt about me... do they need a new friend?

My caggie wont have anything to do with either of them, just looks at them like they are stupid hehe.
~ Mikaela Sky

Fah

Post by Fah »

I found with my IRN's that the bond is a little harder to establish to the same point with the same species.. but after that bond is attained... bang.. life partners.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Mik I just don't think I would risk it. For one Peaches might rule the roosts but that's because Baby lets her. If another IRN come in the picture Baby is going to be too protective of Peaches and all hell is going to break out. I know your having baby withdraws right now but I would keep peace in the flock that already has established pecking order.

Hope your feeling better :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

I was thinking the same as donna, they have a really strong bond and bringing a new irn in for baby may really upset the two of them. Even to a point where they both may hurt the new irn. But then again it may all work out right :?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Personally, I don't think anyone can really tell whos going to rule the roost. Unlike Baby and Peaches, I found Jibby was not happy with tiels. He was 'boss' over them and didn't want much to do with them. I thought he might want a friend of the same species after being alone for almost 5 years. I thought I'd have to keep my eye on him as he might get territorial and hurt our new baby. But... turns out Yoda was the bossy boots from day 1 of introducing them and Jibby was just happy to have a friend, no matter how much hes bossed around, he still adores Yoda and persists on getting closer to him.
I wasn't expecting Jibby to back down over a baby or our new baby being the boss. Just goes to show you never know with these little monsters. Also, Jibbys personality has totally changed. I just don't think you can predict how things will turn out or whether your 'flock' will accept another 'member'. Could anyone predict Baby and Peaches, a tiel and an IRN would fall head over tails for each other? :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep ,you can never tell until they are together, we just discovered that Pickle and Kiely (our tiel) really like each other. Pickle our 1 year old is the Boss over Jordan our 2 year old. Also Kai, pickles dad and pickle seem to really enjoy each other. Our new male quaker billy, when he is out, rules everyone, even our "King of the birdroom" male Kai.

So its not age or type or anything, its just a personality thing and until they meet you can't even guess at how it will turn out.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Also, remember that IRNs do not pair bond in the wild...so another IRN is just competition...nothing more.

Prinny HATED Sunni...to the point that I found her a new home

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok... Imma just come out with it :!:

I feel guilty he cant 'get none'. :cry:

Do they have sexual urges or they only sex to procreate?

I mean, does he have a *need* to do whatever it is he might need to do. :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Once a year they have the instinct to reproduce offspring that's it no urges in between. Even your breeder birds could care less if the mate was around until breeding season. So I say no they don't want or need a piece of booty to be happy in life. LOL

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I am literally laughing really hard over here, Donna... I love you. :lol:

You can see where Im coming from! Right?! I just want my lil man to be happy. He cant hop in the car and hit the clubs, poor thing. :cry:

Awesome, one less thing to worry about. Now, I just got to think up something else. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Mik I know exactly what you mean! These little shits make us do and think weird things. Like for instance I have to tell Tango he is blue because if I tell him he's green he starts plucking. My family just gives me this :roll: I think Tango is *** and that's ok with me :lol: I would love to put a back pack on him and send him to school but I'm affraid people would start talking :shock: So yeah I know how ya feel.LOL.

Donna :D Have a great day!!!
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Donna thats so funny!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year