My baby should be coming home soon!

Moderator: Mods

Tiki

My baby should be coming home soon!

Post by Tiki »

Hello, I just placed a deposit on an adorable blue IRN on the 18th. I have already named him Tiki. The breeder said he should be able to come home at the end of the week. Currently he is on 1 hand feeding a day. I am REALLY excited! :lol: I am sure I will be hanging out on this message board more frequently now. I have a question though, I have seen many different opinions on what size cage is acceptable. The cage I have purchased for Tiki is 20wx20dx28.5h. Is this big enough or should I return it for a larger cage?
Libby_D

Post by Libby_D »

Thats awsome, its also kinda odd c, i just put a deposit on a green IRN on the 18th as well! But my baby, who's name is Harley, still has about 4 1/2 weeks b4 he can come home. But the the breeder is sending me pics every week and we chat on the phone or e-mail eachother everyday. She is actually comming over on Friday and she is going to bring over Harley and let me see him! I'm very excited!
Lynne Wattts

new babies

Post by Lynne Wattts »

Congratulations to both of you!. I just brought my new Blue IRN home Saturday along with a new Plumhead parakeet. They are babies and I'm still handing feeding twice a day although they're both eating well and loving their vegetables. They can probably go to just a feeding at night at this point.
Niether of my two are tame and I'm starting to feel and look like a chew toy. Actually the plumhead is the one inflicting the most pain. You Gotta love um. I think they are just trying to adjust to a new person feeding them and new surroundings. When I brought them home, the IRN latched on to the top and side of the cage and slept there all night long till morning when I got them up for feeding. He then decided a perch was more comfortable. LOL
Anyway I lost a green IRN a month ago due to escape and I'm still praying I'll get him back. I miss him dearly. He was as smart as a whip and loaded with personality. I had him 4 years from the age of 12 weeks. His name was also Tiki. Libby, I don't know what part of Michigan you're from but if you see an lost and found articles for a green IRN, please let me know. He could have flown far and in any direction.
Best of luck to you guys. IRN's have a special way of stealing hearts!!!!
Lynne

I guess I have something in common with both of you as I live In Michigan. LOL