Atticus PBFD Update

Moderator: Mods

carrie

Atticus PBFD Update

Post by carrie »

Hi all - sorry it's been SO long since I've posted. I have dropped in a couple of times but I've just been too busy lately. Anyway, thought I'd put up some photos of my deformed little brat. As you can see she's a bit of a mess since her last moult. She did have a tail (3 feathers anyway) for about 2 weeks and almost looked normal! Alas - they didn't last long so she's on her way back to being our little duck bum. Her wings are a real worry - they look so painful with these huge sheaths coming out. She had a fall off her play gym the other day and was bleeding for a minute - which freaked me out - but all is okay. It's no wonder she's a cranky little sh.. - it must hurt so much. She's also got a couple of little white feathers on the back of her head - you may be able to make them out in the photos - which means that possibly the rest of her feathers may be on the way out. She'll be a real mess if that happens!

Anyway - just dropped in for a minute. Promise I'll try to keep up more!

By the way Chamon - Datsun looks great - so handsome!!!

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww.. poor lil bugga. Hope the pain eases for her! Stick around, hope to hear how shes going.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww Carrie, you are such a good mum to her. At least she is blessed to be with you, in her life. What a little angel.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Poor darling! Hopefully she doesn't know quite how funny she looks!
MCS
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Aww hun, looking at those I just don't know whether to laugh or cry, Atticus is such a little rascal and I know though sometimes she may not feel the best she makes the most of life and any mischief she can find to get herself into but my heart breaks to think she is really a sick bird.. I just wish I could give her big cuddles.

Carrie I so admire your commitment to this little girl, she deserves it and you deserve a medal.

I really do think she is beautiful, such a character, if you have any vids of her up to her usual mischief please post them, shes such a hoot!!

Always thinking of you and sending our love to your family and fid.

P.S thanks for the compliment on my man :wink:
-Chamon-

FGM

Post by FGM »

Hi carrie I am new and haven't seen pics of your bird before.She is beautiful even without all her feathers,looks like real character.I have a budgie who has feather problems and she is a real cranky little sh.....it too,very ungrateful for me buying her and saving her life. lol
Is there anything that can be done or is it permanent?