good update

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

good update

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

so we're doing really good here. Lou hasn't had *S-E-E-D* since a few weeks before xmas. Maybe i'm a nut, but i've noticed a difference in his behavior too, not just his color and improving health(is it my mind over matter?) Anyhow we've been slowly working me givin him "lovins" on the top of his head, we started this when he was in his cage, then he would occasionally let me scritch his head, and now he LOVES when i pet his head and scratch at the back of his head in particular. :shock: what a green goober. These fids never cease to amaze me.
~the stubborn one~
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Well done Lou!!! Ive only recently converted my bubs to pellets and Ive noticed the change in how they look. Their color is more vibrant and Gilberts moult seem to have speeded up. :D

How has Lou taken to the change? My Gilbert hasnt looked back, as soon as I put the pellets in his tray he dug right in.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Good girl!

Use the 'eat it or starve' technique?

I had to with both of my hard-headed boys. :(

They always break on day 2. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

honestly i don't think he even misses the *s* word. I do give him those little seed balls every now and then for a treat, but they don't have the sunflower seeds in them, which are his/err was his favorite poison.

Mik i did have to do it the eat or starve method, and i think Lou may've caved before day two. I'm proud at how well he did. I think also the size of the pellet matters to him, he does not like the big ones, so i get him the smaller ones. Hey to each his own right? As long as he eats them! :twisted:
~the stubborn one~
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I know it 'sounds' cruel but to the contray, no different than 'eat whats for dinner or go to bed hungry'. :?

Its quick and to the point. This is the way it is, get use to it. Highly recommend this method to anyone. They wont go past a day or so... trust me. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Eat or starve is the only way, cant force food, they will throw it right back in your face! :roll:

Gilbert will stick his beak into anything so hes not hard to convert. Only thing he doesnt like is banana for some reason.

Yoda took a few days to get onto new foods. But now anytime he sees Gilbert eating he gives Gilbert 'the boot' so he can eat whatever the big bird is eating. So hes becoming a lil food hog!

Only trouble Im having with Pellets is the price of them. But what is the price of Ringneck Happiness? :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

we have a place here called pet supplies plus*i think* and you can buy it in bulk, seems to be a bit cheaper, plus he really likes them so essentially i cant go wrong..! :)
~the stubborn one~
Anne

Eat it Starve

Post by Anne »

Got to agree with everyone. I had to adopt the eat it or leave it approach with Milo. I found that if I put corn cob, apple or pear in his cage he will eat only that and leave everything else. Now I use these things as treats. I give him a variety of fresh food every day but if I see him gorging on only one then I have to limit it.
I've also stopped the seed in favour of pellets (which in Bahrain are a devil to get :evil: ) but hey, he eats them fine and his feathers seem brighter.
Sorry, still not mastered posting pictures but I'm working on it. :?
Anne
Anne C
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Well done Lou! Gwennie why don't you give us a before and after shot of Louis so we can see if he looks any different since going on pellets? I love looking at pics of those handsome green boys
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That biy couldnt be any prettier, now thats the truth.

Im shocked to learn he was a seed addict all of his life... either was some mighty good seed or Moma made up for it by stuffing things in his beak.

Either way, he is no worse for the wear... just shaves off a few life years but doesnt matter now, he us a pellet man!
~ Mikaela Sky