Post by fiona »

she was getting a little irritated :oops:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Is she a blue or a violent :?:
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

she's blue. The wood paneling walls makes the apt kind of dark, so i was trying to adjust lighting. In certain light, she looks more teal, but she's more like a powder blue. Although, i guess, I've never seen a violet.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I swear...camera never do blue fids any justice...

Dani
Bird crazy

Big smiles

Post by Bird crazy »

I love the one of her tongue. Cracks me up. I've been trying to get Nila to stick his out at me on command.

My male ekkie used to do it back at me when I would stick my tongue out at him.

Just makes me laugh. And if I could get him to do the raspberry noise too I'd really be pleased.

She is a really cute bird. Lots of personality there. I like th but shot, is she playing ostrich, stick her head in a hole to hide?

Really cute.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

LMAO what a picture that created...a male ekkie sticking his tongue out...too funny

Dani
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

I love those blue ones! :D Great pics and what a great playstand! :D When I get a buddy for Jia I think it will be a blue one...or yellow...or green... what the heck! I will get him a friend some day :lol:
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
fiona

Post by fiona »

The nest is where we put all her treats and toys when not in use(you can see it really good in the shot of her play area). We also scewer food and stick it like a post into the nest. They are made for guinea pigs and other small mammals, but I thought she'd love tearing it up. So she is getting a treat or toy, not hiding. That little monster isn't afraid of anything lol. The way I got the tongue pic, is I just kept taking pics while she was eating. I learned with animals to just take a bunch of pics and weed out the bad later. The play stand is just a big piece of drift wood with toys hanging from it and I set it on a lid from a storage box to catch most of the debri. I love the drift wood because it has all kinds of different shapes of "branches" so it gives her feet lots of exercise.

Kose. that 'tiel is a BEAUTY!
Last edited by fiona on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yes, she is a blue but kind of a powedery purple... juuuust a little. I see it better on this pc that the other.

Doesnt matter if she was pink. Gorgeous.
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

Thanx, when she was still at the pet store the vet looked at her and said,"that's the ugliest bird I've ever seen." A lot of people also think her eyes look freaky. I guess b/c they kind of stand out with the blue. I think she is gorgeous, but i guess they are not for everyone.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She does look freaky... like baby. That 'you dont want none of this' look.

Some ringnecks are cute throughout life (Prinny) and others take on that very sleek, stealth like appearance, add the pinned eyes and it can be very intimadating to the unwise.

Baby had big mouse eyes until very recently, he is almost two and just started pinning. I appreciate it because its amazing but no... I dont like it. Looks demonic when they do it just right. :evil:
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Aww she's REALLY adorable *snuggle* Where 'bouts in Indiana are you located? I was born and raised in Valparaiso :D
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I don't often admit this....but I am a Purdue alum (and they made Orville R popcorn from the batches they had raised that week in the basement every Firday...herce the Valparaiso link!).
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I wouldnt admit that either

*Falls out of her chair laughing, taking CatsChair with her*

What? Thats funny stuff man?
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Haha Heck yes! Let's put Valpo on the map!! Oh wait...I hate that town.... :roll:

Born and raised in a small snotty town, who wouldn't hate it?!
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

but it was a great state to go to grad school...nothing to do but drink, watch the corn grow and work on your degree. Undergrads seemed to drink themselves into a stupor the first few years, but grad students buckled down to get out. But now I am wanting popcorn at seven in the morning (folks would think it was really weird if they started to get to work and I am sitting here eating popcorn......) Congrats on the great escape Missi (and you got out before turning into a "Hoosier Heifer", as us uppity transplants used to call the weighty locals)--fortunately I am far too mature to say such things now :wink:
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok, off to left field I go. :oops:

But uhm, I was just sitting here looking at little peaches and thinking 'she would look SO CUTE pink. People color their dogs... Pink with a yellow crest... take her clubbing with me.

Could you do that with food coloring and is that even humane? I know I sure feel sorry for pink poodles with big ol nads. Aint trying to humiliate my baby.
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

Fiona definitly has the pinning thing down. She does it when she's really happy or when she's getting ticked,or when she's eating ...

i grew up in anderson, moved to indy(castlton), and now live in Fortville (worse than Valpo, trust me). I go to Ball State as of now.

What do you guys think: male or female?
When I got her the ring was more faint. I call her a she and her name will always be fiona regardless. When my bf pets her, she crouches down and lifts her butt a little, pins and chatters. That seems like a female behavior to me. The ring is pretty dark though(looks a lot like NILA, but just thought I'd ask what you all think.
fiona

Post by fiona »

I took her outside real fast to take a couple pics...you can see her colors better.

Last edited by fiona on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Beak is flat like Baby's.

Baby is a dude.
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

ya I think she's a boy, but my bf swears fiona is a girl....it doesn't really matter, just gives us something to argue about. You know, cause you can't have a relationship without arguing :wink:

BTW mikaela, yes, you can dye dogs w/ food coloring (they probably sell special dye)....humane? That is another question. I watched dog whisperer with this chick that dressed all in pink and dyed her dog bright pink and her house was all pink :shock: one word.....WOAH
Bird crazy

Fiona

Post by Bird crazy »

Nila is male, dna sexed, hatched 3/15/06 according to the pet shop (flea market) I got him from. He used to squat and chatter and let me pet him all over and then one day it was like, no way lady, if I tried he'd stand up tall and go to bite me. So could be a baby posture rather than a male female posture. My Priya, is doing the same posturing, and I'm still waiting on the lab results to find out dna results and health results. I'll let you know.

By the way, Fiona is a very good looking bird :D
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
fiona

Post by fiona »

thankyou, My boyfriend has been out of town for work and yesterday he came back(for the night :cry: ). When Fiona saw him, he didn't even have to touch her, she did the squatty/chatter thing. When I first saw her "Fiona" popped in my head, I figure that's pretty rare, so that's who HE is. HE doesn't know any better and most people won't know any better either :wink:
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww what beautiful coloring
~the stubborn one~
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Beautiful little girl. I love the third and fourth pics of her.

She looks a lot like my girl Rebel especially with the eye pin - she has it down pat. :)

From the posturing in the fourth picture - I would say definite female especially if she was making any noise while you were petting her.
Females are the only ones I have ever seen that will tilt their head back while being rubbed on - the boys normally just hold their head forward or straight up.
"Losing your hearts desire is tragic.. but gaining it is all you could have ever hoped for." ~ One Tree Hill
~ Clara ~