Skyye - my handicapped miracle baby

Sweet Pea my other handi baby

Sorbet - darn flash always ruins his eyes

Simba my African - not a happy camper right now

Indigo my Derbyan

Buzz my first plumhead

P Nut my pied plumhead

Little Man - my newest and other handicapped baby
"Losing your hearts desire is tragic.. but gaining it is all you could have ever hoped for." ~ One Tree Hill
~ Clara ~
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Can't forget Pippin my hahns

I still have all my Tiels, but I think I posted enough. :)

Oh and my dog and Beardie....... :D
"Losing your hearts desire is tragic.. but gaining it is all you could have ever hoped for." ~ One Tree Hill
~ Clara ~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I love that Hans! What a cute flock you have...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Gets really jealous and goes to play with Baby.

C'mere Baby... mama isnt pinning for those other ol birds *I WANT*. You are all the bird mommie needs *not*. :lol:

Will you pretty please talk a little about your babies with disabilities? It would rock if you started a new thread: Babies with Disabilities.

I think, dont quote me on this but I think there are at least 3 of us with a disabled (to some degree) baby.

Punkin is missing a toe. Kims baby is too, I believe. And who am I forgetting. And you make 4.

So, at this time, I feel this is something that needs to be addressed. Want me to start it off?

Just double click here and it will take you to the thread to discuss your babies, should you wanna.

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... 3694#23694

Then, I'll fall in behind you and talk about punkin, so forth and so on. Cool!? :D
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Your fids are wonderful! I heard pippins video!!! buhgabuhgabuhgabuhga :D TOO CUTE!!!

What color is your skyye??

Happy Halloween :twisted: everybody, that includes you downunder folks!

I am so confused on t he greens--I am not sure I know what "normal" looks like--somebody needs to make a color ID page!! Get an IRN of every color and identify it...any takers???
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Thanks Everybody.

I will say that my handi babies are absolutely precious and I wouldn't give anything for them.

A page with different mutations of birds would be good as long as you can get good pictures that show the color.
I do know that there are going to be color variations in the different colors such as the normal green and blue, but after you see the mutation color it is pretty easy to tell normal green from another variation.

I already saw the handi thread so I will add to it. It might be a book though as I have quite a few. :)

Skyye is a normal blue IRN.
~ Clara ~
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

This is my favorite mutations site!

http://www.mightymutations.com.au/
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

My dream fids...just add an Alexandrine...I will swap out a Severe for a Hahn's because my boyfriend likes Hahn's :wink:
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

*droooooool* @ the boy on the right :shock:
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Ringneckmom, where do you get your fids, breeders? I want a derbyan some day (umm maybe). I showed my bf this link and he likes the plumhead a lot.

*EDIT* Sorry for making so many separate posts! I guess I could have combined them :roll: :lol:

*another EDIT* I would like to see pics of your cages :D For some reason I have an obsession with seeing bird cages. I love to stare at them in the stores too :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggles*

Boy Missi we're alot alike...other than getting another male ekkie my dream is an Alex. I love them and want one soooo bad.

Ringneckmom I just love that grey of yours...what a handsome boy

Dani
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

They are all beautiful. Each and every one and I'm so glad you were able to adopt the handicapped birds. You are a great person.
I have had birds off and on for years, none for the last few because of allergies/illness. But no one has ever offerred me a bird, and I never see any listed in the paper that need homes. My neighbor had a cockatiel land on her and she finally found it a home. I would have to talk my hubby into it but I know I could. How do you find these little guys who need help?
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Sue, the 1 handicapped bird of mine found me. Someone I work with asked me if I would take her...

The quaker pair was for sale/adoption of craig's list-I emailed the woman and told her i was a broke grad student, etc. but if she did not place her birds for adoption and needed a place for them to go to let me knw. She gave them to me just so they would go to someone who already has birds.

Summer is the IRN that walked up my street this past summer...

Milagro I got for a steel because she is nearing 2 and the breeder wanted to place her in a good home-I bought Izzy from him and he offered me a deal on Mila that was too good to pass up.

Big bird-I paid full price 12+ years ago--he was my first "big" bird purchase (both size and $$)

So, Summer, Skye, Frankie and Jonny-free; Mila and Izzy and Big Bird-priceless! (but paid for)
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:*giggles*

Boy Missi we're alot alike...other than getting another male ekkie my dream is an Alex. I love them and want one soooo bad.

Ringneckmom I just love that grey of yours...what a handsome boy

Dani

OMG nuh uh! I have never known anyone who's wanted an Alexandrine besides myself! What were we, separated at birth?! :lol:
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

I forgot to mention the pic of your adult grey irn. Thanks so much.
I wondered what an adult male would look like with his ring but couldn't find a picture anywhere.
Stunning. :D
Still waiting on the dna and other lab results on my Priya.
I'm still worried about her. I know every bird is different but boy she heads for her perch as soon as the soon goes down and she sleeps, not Nila he's still out on the playgym tearing around and eating. When I finally put him in the cage he fights and bites but then he settles in and goes to sleep. It worries me that Priya is sick because she sleeps so much.

Are your IRNs different like that, some sleep more some eat more etc. Or do they all kind of act as a flock and play at the same time and sleep at the same time? Even in the morning when I get up,Nila is at the front of the cage waiting for me. Priya is on her sleeping perch, stretching and yawning like I'm disturbing her, and she won't step right up if I want to take her out, she has to wake up for a few minutes then she'll step up and come out. Doesn't bite, just looks at my hand when I put it there and say step up like she's never seen one before and has no idea what I want, just stares and doesn't move.
I'm hoping it's just personality differences. but I'm really worried she's sick.
Sue
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

Sunni has a gammy foot. It's not really noticeable until you hold a bird without a gammy foot and feel the perching a lot more securely. Unfortunately Sunni is unable to use her feet to hold food because of this.
Last edited by Mattls on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

xo Missi wrote:OMG nuh uh! I have never known anyone who's wanted an Alexandrine besides myself! What were we, separated at birth?! :lol:

Yep got to actually handle some at a bird show once...fell in love right there and knew I wanted one. I want a male preferably (yeah I know but I want a ring dangit)

They are like really big IRNs, only gentler...I want one...:D

Dani
Melika

Post by Melika »

Your babies are all so beautiful. And your heart as well. Too many give up "imperfect" birds but you show them love. Kudos to you. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Gee thanks everybody!

I didn't get all my handi babies free. I did pay for some of them - don't remember how much though since it has been a while ago. Never had the luck that Dani did with them walking down the street. :)

Honestly, the majority if mine are from working at a bird exclusive store for ten years. Let's face it when you get to see the colors before the general public you have a little advantage. My Turquoise grey was actually supposed to be a grey, but well ........

About 3 - 4 years ago I met a breeder of Psittacula that actually lives in my general area - talk about ecstatic!!! I love my Psittacula!! Through her I got my Derbyan, grey, African and pied plumhead.

Alexs are great birds - very regal and not quite as in your face as the ringie. But great birds.
~ Clara ~
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

My ringnecks do somethings together and some they don't.
My Derbyan used to be ready to go to bed at 9 pm every night - now not so much.

I have noticed that a lot of times when out they take naps at the same time and occassionally I have seen them preen at the same time, but not always.

They will all kind of do their own thing. Some sleep in a little longer than others and yes I have some that are bigger pigs than others also.

I have noticed that all of them have different personalities from each other.
So I wouldn't worry too much about Priya right now. Course if you aren't sure a checkup at the vet is always a good idea just in case.
~ Clara ~
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Thanks for the info, I'll rest a little easier tonight. I had Priya to the vet and waiting on the lab results. She has many differences from Nila so just waiting and hoping they are all just natural differences, just like people, not all the same size, weight or activity levels/sleep patterns.

I'll let you know when I get her clean bill of health back. :)
Sue
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

I hope everything comes back with good news for you.
~ Clara ~
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

me too, Sue. Don't worry to much, all fids are different! Summer sleeps much more than Izzy.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

omg what CUTIES!!!!! I want your plum heads :)
~the stubborn one~
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Thanks Gwennie. But you would have to wait in line - a friend of mine is trying to cinvince me to no avail that he needs to have Buzz.
Not happening - no way! I love my plummies! :)

Oh, and they can talk - not really sure how well since I didn't really work with them on it.
~ Clara ~
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Plumheads definately rock, the best of all mutations, imo, gorgeous isnt a good enough word for them.

Can you tell us about their personality and temperments or are they just like any other ringie?
~ Mikaela Sky

Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Mikaela wrote:Plumheads definately rock, the best of all mutations, imo, gorgeous isnt a good enough word for them.

Can you tell us about their personality and temperments or are they just like any other ringie?

Sorry Mik - I saw this post of yours, but have been so busy and sick that I had not replied to it.

Plummies don't seem to have quite the "In your face" attitude as the Ringies. They tend to be a little shyer and kind of like to just hangout in their cage or on a stand. They will spend time with you but they are just as happy if you don't bother them either.
Mine like to make sure I know who is boss - they tell me off frequently and let me know where my place is in their scheme of things.
Even then they do love to have me over there talking to them and will display and chatter to me as well.

I love them - independent nature and all. :)
~ Clara ~