Ok guys I have pics...but don't get used to them

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Ok guys I have pics...but don't get used to them

Post by Dani03 »

I still haven't found the danged blast camera yet but I had my aunt come over and she took a few pics of Aggie...so here ya go...hopefully these will tide you over for a while ;)

And one of the gorgeous Ms. Prinny

Dani
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

They both are really gorgeous Dani. How old is Aggie? Macaws are wonderful birds, unfortunately they cost both an arm and a leg over here. I am trying to 'persuade' hubby to let me save up for a caique one of these days (around $4000 au) and seeing as that is a big no no, I wouldn't even bother trying with a macaw as they are around the $8000 up wards mark.
Hurry up and find your camera lol! We want more pics :lol:
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Aggie cost me 500.00 for everything :D I know that the prices over there are outragous but you guys don't have access to the breeders like we do here...

Dani
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

But the good thing about being over here is: Umbrella cockatoos cost about $1000 in the US and only $50 here!
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Yep Matt, I was shocked when I heard about how much cockatoo's cost over in the states. I wish we had some of the amazon species more readily available over here though, without the huge price tag :wink: . One good thing about our limited variety is we don't have a huge problem with birds being thrown away and put in the rescue centers. People over here are just starting to realize how cool a pet a birdie can be.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

They are both GORGEOUS!!! :D

Aggie is home :D YEAH!!!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

And they are united as one! Finally.

Oh aggie, you are almost as purdy as your mama. And as for you, Miss Prinny... name fits and you wear it well, work it girl. :wink:

KateyKat: A cockatoo is my dream bird but I kind of like my husband so I dont have one because he is very noise sensitive and well, not an animal person. Ah, the things we can hide before the "I do's" :roll:

But, I am pretty sure that if I could get my hands on that kind of cash (alot in America for a 'too) stuck into a shoe somewhere... I would have my baby.

He would accept that or pack. Ask Kimtoo, unfortunately Im not playing. :lol:

When we were in Jacksonville last week on business he gets back to the suite to find me a whole cage set up and a Baby Quaker.

All I got was a Miiiikaela, we have talked about this. You have made promises you dont seem to intend to keep in regards to the number of pets we have.

I felt like there was a cam in the room and I was on 'Intervention' (an american show where your family intervines in your life to help you before you kill yourself) and didnt realize it.

MBS is a serious problem afflicting countless people. Please, If you havent already....

DONT DO BIRDS!
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Oh Dani she is gorgeous I like the stand she's on too. Prinny is just a little doll baby. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. 500 is what I paid for Rocky too but I didn't want the cage he was in, to small and it would of taken me a month to clean it. Have a great day!!
Donna
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Mikaela, its too late. Already addicted to my fids lol. Hubby is always saying the same thing to me "Didn't you promise that this one would be the last one?" Well at least we agreed on this new bubba, which is something I suppose. I am a bit of a sneak though, I buy bird toys and burry them down the bottom of the toy bucket and when asked about them slyly say "Oh that? No we have had that for a looooong time." Pitty he knows all the fids well, or I could try the same thing with the birds. :wink:
And Dani Prinny is one pretty little birdie too! I love seeing pictures of her.
Kate
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Dani,
First off, Happy Late Birthday! And secondly she is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so envious! Please keep the pictures coming. And Ms. Prinny is gorgeous as ever. The local Pet Supplies Plus has a four month old Blue and Gold....I'm sooooooooooooooooooo in LOVE. And I'd so be tempted if our house wasn't so dang small. Which is probably a good thing cuz I could be in divorce court with all my critters and my husband saying do u see why I left her??? But he's so sweet, the B&G! Very friendly and just gorgeous!

Hugs,
Jen
Bird crazy

Another beautiful member of the flock

Post by Bird crazy »

Welcome home Aggie
You are beautiful and I know you're going to love
your new home.

And Ms. Prin you are very beautiful too. Give Aggie a fair chance and
share the toys.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

Wow Dani she is stunning. I am truley in awe by parrots!!
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

so happy for y'all!! awesome pix, Dani!!

luv,

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Hey Dani,

How is Aggie adjusting? Are she and Prinny doing okay together so far???
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Kim- Prinny is adjusting...as best as she can. Still a little freaked out but I think she's getting interested in her. She is right next to her...luckily having Prinny here keeps Aggie's noise down to a mininum...

Dani
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

man, Willie won't let Max NEAR him!! PERIOD!! i wish that they could share a cage cuz Willie's is HUGE, but he'll have none of that!! Max is skeert to death of him, too! she quakes in her booties when i put her on his cage during the day ... she NEVER turns her back on him ... Max can't fly either ... she has plenty of wing, but she's never flown, so she prefers to walk to her destination & she flatly refuses to climb down off of his cage, which is 6' high ... she perches upon his door & screams 'til i take her down!! the little heifer!!

i'm so happy that Prinny & Aggie are faring well together.

luv,

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

OMG beautiful lil girlies there, Dani!! Congrats *hugs* Awwee gorgeous!!