Baby's new castle

Moderator: Mods

xo Missi

Baby's new castle

Post by xo Missi »

Here IT is! Picked it up this afternoon brand spankin new from The Aviary of Naples (COULD NOT believe the amazing price)... :D

First cage *bleh* What was I thinking getting that??

What an upgrade!

All raggedy and ready for a molt!

"I love my new toy!"

"oops, dropped my spinach. I do love it though!"
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow...that is a NICE cage...good job finding it :wink:

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Thanks! It's so big, Baby didn't know what to do in it at first.

The thing I love so much about it is with the origional cage, we couldn't really see how Baby moved around beacuse, well...he didn't have much room to move around. Now that he has 4 times the space, he plays around (after about a half hoour of sitting and taking it in at first), flaps around and even hangs! I didn't know how playful irn's could be!
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

he's a handsome one! :) When Lou's cage got upgraded I think he was in shock! lol. Now he's all sorts of silly.
~the stubborn one~
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I have another question...do you guys' babies beaks flake like Baby's is (note mainly bottom and then top side)? Is that just normal from chewing things and griding his beak? Also the new beak is growing in not AS dark and vivd in color and kind of wavey in texture as you can see.
Bird crazy

Great cage

Post by Bird crazy »

Missi
You got a great cage. And isn't the Aviary of Naples neat?

I love that multicolored straw toy. I'll have to look for one of those.
Nila has been a maniac since I got the play gym set up. He loves to climb up and down the ladder and rope. It's fun to watch them hang by the beak and feel with both feet for something.

You're a good "parront".
Nila's beak seems to flake at the bottom too. I've checked out some other pics on here and they all seem to be that way.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Missi,
Nice new digs for Baby! I love it. And yes, my fids beaks peel like that too. I freaked at first too, wasn't aware they do that. And sometimes it does look duller than before. Baby is a lucky baby to have you as his Mum! You obviously are just as obsessed as we are with our fids and it's wonderful to know he's going to have an incredible life.

Hugs,
Jen
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Thanks guys! *huge, giant hugs* :D Thanks, also, for resting my mind wabout the beak. I swear I'd be in the looney bin with fid worries if it wasn't for y'all. But then again. you alreayd knew that! :twisted:

Sue, I was *SO* excited when I saw those straw toys at the aviary! They're new there and I have never seen them elsewhere. You should come get one (or 10 because Baby had already half destroyed his in less that 12 hours!)....and then stay for the beach and maybe lunch! :D Please! :lol:

Jen! Thanks for the compliments! I am very obsessed and I honestly view this bird as I would a human baby!! :lol: I know you guys won't find that strange! I wish we could all have a huge nationwide gathering and be lovey, cheesy, crazy all together!!!!! But for now, the forum definetly does the fix!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Aiie, I should also explain that I do not live in a dump. :lol: They are redoing the outside of our apartment buildings, so they had to take the windows out and blinds off (been like that for a few weeks now), hence the plastic and beach towel on the wall!!!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggles* Please Missi...we completely understand the addiction to this board...and most of us view it as a lifeline...I don't know how I would have survived everything had it not been for this board

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I just have to let y'all know over and over that you're appreciated!!!!!! :lol: *sweet European kisses on the cheeks for everyone*
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Missi,
You nut! Didn't think a thing about plastic and beach towels! Silly girl! :D
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

jen5239 wrote:Missi,
You nut! Didn't think a thing about plastic and beach towels! Silly girl! :D

LOL I know, I know...I'm so self-conscience at times :roll:

:lol:
Chicklette

Post by Chicklette »

He looks so happy in there. That isone beautiful IRN.
Besides Rascal I own:
Two Jack Russells (Rocky & Jack), Eight Chinchillas & Eight Fish Tanks