One Messy Beak!

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

One Messy Beak!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Here are a few photo's I snapped of Riley while she was enjoying her beans, rice, pasta, veggie mix:

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Be still my heart! What a lil doll *sigh* :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oooo that baby face...what a cutie! I want one so bad...then again I want one of everything really teehee...

Very cute and keep them coming!

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I am so glad you posted this hun. Your baby is beautiful. Talk much? Not stealing your thread! Just a quick question!

Look Ya'll: this morning when I gave Baby his good morning kiss he had very bad breath. It smelled exactly like if someone had eaten roast beef. That specific smell.

I kiss him a million times a day and NEVER noticed any smell except for the dusty ol' chicken smell. Freaked me out. But, after he was awake for a bit it went away.

So, they can have bad breath? (She hate Arby's with his Daddy. I didnt know)

OR

Does this not sound right?
~ Mikaela Sky

Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Hi Mik,

No Riley doesn't talk yet, she will only be 6 months old next Thursday.

Anyway, That is strange, I have never smelled Tiki smelling like roast beef before, of course I have never smelled the dusty ol' chicken smell either. My nose never works right because I have cronic sinus problems. Something has to have a really strong smell before I will smell it on just a whiff.

I hope I don't smell anything like that either, because I am on a diet and it would probably make me hungry! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe she did have Arby's with Daddy? :lol: Did you ask?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yes, definately did but I freaked because of the bad breath, never had it before. So, I thought I would ask. They have mouths and tongues... reckon they could have funked up breff.
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

ah! Riley's sucha cutie!
~the stubborn one~
Bird crazy

bad breath

Post by Bird crazy »

MiK:
Just some thoughts. When I got my eclectus (8 years ago) he had an infection in his mouth and throat. I just noticed that something did not seem right about his hand feeding. So I got him to a vet who checked and gave him 2 different meds to clear it, one was for yeast and the other I can't remember. But I do know that different germs can have different odors in humans, so I would check Baby and make sure she's eating ok and if you can shine a light into her mouth and look and see if you see any sores. I am a real worry wart right now about birdie sickness. I guess it's the new bird mom thing. But at least have a look and if the odor persists I'd get her checked by a vet, because mouth ordor can also be from the lungs. :(

But hope I'm just the voice of extreme caution and being silly.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Its cleared up now, it was roast beef :roll: Daddy and he enjoyed Arby's in my absence.

I still looked though out of morbid curiousity. :lol:

Jeff is a *deep voice* manly man, so he cant show Baby emotion unless Im elsewhere. :roll:

If Im around and Baby goes to him its 'Get this bird off of me, you know I dont like him on me'. However, I have sense enough to know he interacts with the bird alot when Im not around or Baby would eat him alive and CERTAINLY wouldnt go to him.

Am I right? :?
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

lol aww glad to hear it was just actually roast beef breath! Baby always has this warm corny (like pop corn, maybe) breath. I can't get enough of it! I love birdy breath!! Silly me :)

Okay, back to Lisa's attention!....
Bird crazy

Riley

Post by Bird crazy »

Lisa:

Riley is so cute, I'm with Dani I'm jealous and I want one too! Or is that I want two too or is it My husband would kill me too.

Keep the pics coming I love them. And some pics of Tiki as he stares down this huge intruder.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat