Sorry for all of the posts

Moderator: Mods

dawn

Sorry for all of the posts

Post by dawn »

I was curious. I was told that sal is an Alexandrine . Is this different from a ringneck? I believed an Alex was a type of ringneck? Sal's beak is orange on the top as well as the bottom and appears to me to be larger than some that I have seen. I have noticed that quite a few ringnecks have a very black lower beak. Will his change color with age? Sorry for all of the ?s. I am new to all of this and absolutely adore my bird as well as all of the pictures and info on this webpageImagen
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep Sal is not an indian ringneck, your baby is an Alexandrine. They are in the same family (psittacula) but different species of birds.

See this picture, sal is on the left, the indian ringneck is second; see the difference

Ringnecks, Alexandrines, plumbheads, moustache parrots, etc. are all adriatic birds. But very different types.

check this site out to help clear it up for you:-

http://birds.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsi ... world.com/

An Alexandrine has a bigger head and beak , larger bird all over and red on the shoulders gives it away perfectly.

Enter the site and on the homepage you can click on the different types of birds in the main picture to gain information on them to help you understand further.

I hope this helps

Cheers !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...you have an Alex. very pretty! We love alexes here... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
dawn

Post by dawn »

Thank you all so much. I am interested in learning as much about my Sal as I can. Still not sure wether it is salvador or Salvadora but i love em just the same.