indie has a new friend

Moderator: Mods

julie

indie has a new friend

Post by julie »

this is indies new friend cookie.indie is still number 1 to us and hopefully he wont have a reason to get jealous.

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid ... e=20030531
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

awww there is that classic cheeky naughty little lori look, he's beautiful. You are going to have some hard times keeping that new guy off Indie. They hop so well and are soooooo active !!! Keep us up to date with the goings on.

Oh did you have a dna to tell the sex.. apparently its the only way, unless the lori suddenly starts laying eggs or something.. lol
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh wow...cookie is goregous! *jealous* hehehe MBS has hit and I think I want every type of bird ou there...

Dani and Prinny
julie

Post by julie »

we have no idea if cookie is a boy or girl.indie keeps telling him to step up.indie tends to run away from other birds and cookie is very friendly so they will be watched all the time they are out or 1 is out.these lorrikeets have nothing compared to irns bites cookie only just leaves a mark,indie draws blood.
natalie

wow

Post by natalie »

What gr8 colours, looks like an optical illusion. Thanks for shareing. Natalie xxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Cookie is BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous bird. I hope Indie can teach Cookie the ropes. Hopefully they won't fight like my babies seem to be doing now.
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Cookie is gorgeous!! :D The lories are so beautiful :D
julie

Post by julie »

this little bird is nuts.cookie likes to hang upside down from the roof of the cage and drop onto the ground.it almost gave me a heart attack.im glad you guys like him indie doesnt mind cookie being here he now has a play mate to talk to.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Julie.. he will hang upside down from you as you swing him around, he will hang from your belt or leg as you walk. My girlfriend takes Bundy everywhere with her and he just jumps all over her, climbs down to her waste and rides on her him as she walks.

They are very acrobatic, you need to watch your skin if you have any bare, because he will climb across your clothes with those little hooked claws and when he gets to your skin he won't stop, he will just cling his claws straight into the skin to hang on. Also, watch out for that tongue. Being a nectar eater, he will probe that tongue into your mouth, ears and nose, just about anywhere he wants. And its long and very strong.

Also take care, because they have a sudden call, shrill screach that catches you offguard and is extremely loud, scares the living daylights out of you. He could be quietly looking at you one second and the next split second he is screaching your eardrums out.

Like I said, they are a damn lot of fun and have the most amazing little characters that you cannot help falling in love with but .. they are FULL ON ! active ! nutcase birds. I am just glad my friend is young and active because Bundy tires me out everytime he comes to play or stay.

Cheers and keep in touch ! I wanna hear all the stories. So will Leisa.. Oh by the way, anyone know of a lori board like this one, or should Leisa just come here to share bundy with us. ????
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

please share bundy with us.last night i came home from work early with a bad headache and cookie was calling to indie he wasnt actually doing the screach but to me he was very loud.aaron has already experienced the going from clothes to skin thing he has scratches all over his arms
silvercloud

Post by silvercloud »

Cookie is gorgeous but don't be fooled by their bite. I have 2 of the little terrorists and their beaks are razor sharp and will draw blood. The lunge sometimes like ringies. Despite this they are wonderful birds, there's never a dull moment. Just be careful as they can be bullies, one of mine loves tormenting my IRN Sunshine. Looking forward to hearing all about Cookie's antics.
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

What a beautiful bird!!! :D The colors are so nice and Cookie looks så kind!! :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia