Hello Everyone!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

BeccaKey

Hello Everyone!

Post by BeccaKey »

Hello,

My name is Becca, and I have just adopted my new IRN last Sunday. Her name is Evey from V for Vendetta, and she is a blue mutation female.

I own parrotlets and conures for 9yrs. Since she is a asiatic, I am really jumping to a whole new continent! Ha! I find it very exciting to train her as she is an extreme fear biter. I have trained 3 biters in my experience but this will be fun because I have heard IRNs have a good reputation of being hard-headed and full of pride.

Everyday about 2-3 times a day, I have been doing perch training and going slow - teaching her basic commands like step-up. I have gotten bit a few times, but it doesnt phase me any. Lol The only relationship she had with her previous owner was eating whatever he was eating. I have already gotten her to convert a healthier diet.

I look forward to all the helpful advice just in case I hit a road block. Thanks!

-Evey and Becca
Donovan

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Donovan »

sounds like she may be in good hands..

how old is she?
BeccaKey

Post by BeccaKey »

Oh sorry! Lol She is around 2yrs old.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

what is your goal with this bird?
BeccaKey

Post by BeccaKey »

My goal... Give her a better life. :) I love taking 2nd and 3rd hand birds with behavioral problems & making them happier - sometimes they are perfect the way they are... Their previous owners just don't see it. All my birds are rescues except my first, and I enjoy all their personalities.

I am also deeply interested in psittacine behavior. Its a hobby to research studies. I am a certified veterinary technician so I read lots of books, articles, and reports.
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

Welcome to the forum, becca and evey :)
Loo :)