In need of some help!

Moderator: Mods

Roxy83

In need of some help!

Post by Roxy83 »

I am after some help!
I have always.....always wanted a IRN, I have found someone who is willing to give me a 6 week old so I can have it hand tamed and grow up with being handled and with my kids etc, I realise that while its young it cannot go outside in a cage, but is there any real problems if once its older can it be outside and come in when we want it too, or are we going to just end up with a screecher! My husband and I had a bit of a misunderstanding he said yes I can have the bird for my 30th but didn't realise that I was planning to have it inside. We have just moved into a new house so I want to respect his wishes and have it outside but I don't want it think we are ignoring it! Please help! Maybe the best thing it not to get one, I'm confused' please help! :cry:
MissK

Re: In need of some help!

Post by MissK »

Depending on where you live and your circumstance you could house an IRN outside, but I think it likely the bird would not maintain the level of pet tameness I assume you want. A pet bird should feel part of the group, and keeping it away from the group will make that difficult. A bird feeder and a bit of careful gardening might be just as satisfying as an outdoor aviary of one or two birds, and quite a bit less work. Perhaps it might help for you and your husband to locate someone with an indoors pet IRN, so you can visit and get a feel for what it would be like. One or both of you might experience a shift in perspective, and at the very least you should have an interesting experience.

We are here to answer any question you might have on what it is like to live with an IRN. Your husband's questions are welcome, too!
-MissK
Roxy83

Post by Roxy83 »

Thank you! My cousin has one so we will go visit her and see how it goes!
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

I would agree with MissK, We wanted Quinn to be part of the family and he is sitting on my shoulder nibbling my hair as I type. 8) I will let you guess what I had to clean off my Computer screen last time I was on it ! LOL All the pleasures of ownership should be considered Good luck :P
Just takin a break !

MissK

Post by MissK »

Milk you sprayed through your nose because the bird made you laugh?
-MissK
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

MissK wrote:Milk you sprayed through your nose because the bird made you laugh?
Ha Ha Ha :!: No but now I have Coke on my Phone from reading that . LOL :lol:
Just takin a break !