silver lacewing w/ violet hen need help!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

omarion

silver lacewing w/ violet hen need help!!!!!!!!!

Post by omarion »

need help pairing my irns.... i have one pair silver lacewing male with violet hen what willthey produce?
all of my hens are df violets

another pair green split to lutino male w/ df violet female.. what will they produce?

and have one more df female i dont know what to pair with?
omarion

Re: silver lacewing w/ violet hen need help!!!!!!!!!

Post by omarion »

anyone????? im just getting started into breeding and dont kno much
trabots

Post by trabots »

I would get rid of the 'silver lacewing' male and the lutino males. A waste to pair them with DF Violet Blues. According to Gencalc here are the outcomes if you breed these pairs.

Cinnamon Grey Blue Pallid x DF Violet Blue =

% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue violet(sf) /pallid /cinnamon
50.0% 1.0 blue violet(sf) /pallid /cinnamon
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue violet(sf) pallid cinnamon
50.0% 0.1 blue violet(sf) pallid cinnamon

Half the cocks will be Grey birds hiding Violet the other half will be Violet Blues and split for 2 undesirable mutations. The hens will be very washed out bleached birds with not much to offer in the way of beauty.

Lutino x DF Violet Blue

% from all 1.0
100.0% 1.0 green violet(sf) /blue ino
% from all 0.1
100.0% 0.1 violet(sf) ino /blue

Again, your cocks will be all be split Ino which isn't a good thing and your Lutino hens will be hiding your lovely Violet.

With DF Violet Blue hens you have the ability to put visual violet colour into many mutations. A straight Blue cock will give you 100% Violet Blues in both sexes. A Violet Blue cock will give you 50% Df Violet Blues and 50% Violet Blues. If you have more cash a Cobalt cock will give you 50% Cobalt Violets and 50% Violet Blues. IMO stay away from the Inos, Pallids and Cinnamons so your young can be easily sold. If you have the cash you could breed the hens to Green and Blue CHCT's giving you 100% Violets in Green and Blue all split CHCT. These are worth something. You then retain a Violet Green /CHCT hen and Violet Blue /CHCT hen from each pair and put them to the CHCT cocks from the other pair. You are then on the road to breeding Violet Green CHCTs and Violet Blue CHCTs and gauranteed splits in only 2 generations.IMO stay away from the Inos, Pallids and Cinnamons so your young can be easily sold.
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
I think this would be the result from the second paring
1.0 green /ino
x 0.1 blue violet(df)
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 green violet(sf) /blue ino
50.0% 1.0 green violet(sf) /blue
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 violet(sf) ino /blue
50.0% 0.1 green violet(sf)/blue

50% your cocks will be split ino the other half blue/50% of your hen will be ino masking violet the other half bein green voilet/blue
trabots

Post by trabots »

My apologies, I missed the Green split. My advise remains unaltered however. Good luck.