Need Help

Moderator: Mods

littlemiraclesaviary

Need Help

Post by littlemiraclesaviary »

Ok so I have gotten pretty good at using the genetic calculator which has come in handy so I don't have to write a post and ask a question every 5 minutes but I am having difficulty using the calculator for Violet Dark Green and Olive mutations.

Also for grey mutations do I put in grey blue and not just grey because if I click just grey then it's a grey green? I think I have that part figured out but the above part is what I am lost on.
Camarge

Re: Need Help

Post by Camarge »

Also for grey mutations do I put in grey blue and not just grey because if I click just grey then it's a grey green?
That is correct, Grey Green is the Green Series and Grey is Blue Series, so you need to add the Blue
Ok so I have gotten pretty good at using the genetic calculator which has come in handy so I don't have to write a post and ask a question every 5 minutes but I am having difficulty using the calculator for Violet Dark Green and Olive mutations.
This is the same as for Grey:

Violet Single (SF) or Double Factor (DF) in the Green Series, add the Blue for the Blue series
Olive will be (DF) Dark in the Green Series, for Mauve add the Blue for the Blue series

So for Violet Dark Green it will be:
Violet (SF) or (DF) as desired + Dark (SF)

And for Violet Olive it will be:
Violet (SF) or (DF) as desired + Dark (DF)

Hope that answers the question
littlemiraclesaviary

Thank you for confirming that I was using the grey tool right.

I am a little confused because the violet dark green and olive options seem the same from what you wrote so how do you know which is which? Also is Olive automatically a violet mutation? I have the opportunity to buy an olive CHCT male and I am trying to match him with different options in extra hens that I have but because I haven't been able to figure out how to enter him on the gen calc I haven't been able to way my options and see if I want him. I was thinking of pairing with a regular violet blue hen but not sure if that is a good pairing.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

littlemiraclesaviary wrote:Thank you for confirming that I was using the grey tool right.

I am a little confused because the violet dark green and olive options seem the same from what you wrote so how do you know which is which? Also is Olive automatically a violet mutation? I have the opportunity to buy an olive CHCT male and I am trying to match him with different options in extra hens that I have but because I haven't been able to figure out how to enter him on the gen calc I haven't been able to way my options and see if I want him. I was thinking of pairing with a regular violet blue hen but not sure if that is a good pairing.
Olive has two Darkfactors, while Dark Green has only one.
Violet and Dark are separate mutations- so no, an Olive does not automatically have Violet.

To enter an Olive Cleartail into the gen calc: check DF Dark and visual CHCT.
Do make sure it is what they say it is through parenage or breeding as a Greygreen looks very similar/same to anyone who doesn't understand the difference.

PS- on the calc
Think of the gen calc like a blank canvas- only that the canvas isn't white but green. Green is automatically the base- unless you want the background to be blue (in which case you need to select visual blue).
Last edited by sheyd on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlemiraclesaviary

So how do I enter olive?
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

littlemiraclesaviary wrote:So how do I enter olive?
You must have posted at the same time I was editing mine :lol: it's as above.