New here and need help! please

Moderator: Mods

holykeg

New here and need help! please

Post by holykeg »

I just brought my new irn home yesterday. She is eating fantastic, and is already exploring her new home. I have noticed that she is holding her right leg up. She can put pressure on it but she doesn't seem to use it as much. The breeder I have got her from told me not to worry but I have already contacted my vet. They aren't able to get to me until next week, so please help. Is this normal? She is a sweetheart, and I just want to make sure she is in good health. Thanks in advance.
tobiloh

Re: New here and need help! please

Post by tobiloh »

Congrats on your new baby!

For the foot part, she should be fine if she's putting it down every now and again. Poor babies always have to be on their feet, so they tend to rest one foot by keeping it close to their body.

My baby, Beau will clench his hand and hold it mid-air and look like he is meditating! haha

Pretty sure if your baby is eating right and is not crying out, you should be O.K. at the vet's visit!

Good luck!
MissK

Re: New here and need help! please

Post by MissK »

Make sure she's getting plenty of orange vegetables and fruits, just in case. I understand the somewhat vague condition of "bumblefoot" can be caused by vitamin A deficiency. Not to panic, though. Baby should get vitamin A regardless.

-MissK
-MissK