Rich's behavior, unpredictable!

Moderator: Mods

leo1955

Rich's behavior, unpredictable!

Post by leo1955 »

Rich, my first IRN has been with me since March 1, 2013 and ever since I was trying to tame her ( someone told me it is a "SHE"). She is behaved during night time and vice versa during daytime. At night, she lets me scratch her head and I can even handle her without a bite. She steps up on command onto my finger. During daytime, the moment I approach her cage, she will always try to stay away and even tries to escape her cage, flapping and screaming. She seems to be afraid of me. Yesterday, (daytime) I came near her cage and she just stared at me without moving. I hand in a sunflower seed through the cage bars and she approached and eat it. I gave another seed this time opening the door cage and she ate it as if she is very tamed. Just this morning, I wanted to give her the treat but to no avail. She is again frightened and trying to flee. She never came near me. I am totally puzzled why this is so.

This photo was taken yesterday.
subodhhire

Re: Rich's behavior, unpredictable!

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Leo,

Have patience, She has started to trust you but not entirely. So be patient and keep giving her treats.

Subodh
leo1955

Post by leo1955 »

Thanx Subodh...

I will be patient of course, I have learned to treasure her presence in the family. I am looking forward to that day when she will be be trusting me completely and welcoming me back home from work everyday ,lol...:)
leo1955

Post by leo1955 »

Can we teach an IRN to talk, even if he/she is not tamed? But of course, I will do anything even if it takes long to tame Rich. I wish she will learn to talk someday, then I will feel on top of the world...
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Yes, untame birds do talk as well. If you repeat a word many times then they pick it up.
leo1955

Post by leo1955 »

At what age does an IRN normally learn to talk?
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I would like to know the answer to that as well. My IRN is a year old and all she does is whistle and imitate household noises. I repeat the same word everyday all day to no avail. Will she ever speak?
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D