Freaking out a little bit.

Moderator: Mods

nalukaikamahine

Freaking out a little bit.

Post by nalukaikamahine »

Well, my search for a baby is over.
She said they're 4 weeks old and the sooner I take them the better, since I want to hand feed....now I'm freaking out a little because I wasn't expecting our search to end this quickly and I sure wasn't expecting someone to tell me to come get the bird as soon as I want.

Question....even though we're completely ready for our new baby, is it normal to be this anxious/scared/nervous?

I could really use some words of encouragement.
Thanks everyone....
Last edited by nalukaikamahine on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completely, Utterly & Unconditionally In Love With My Baby Ringneck, Apollo!

MissK

Re: Freaking out a little bit.

Post by MissK »

:D

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
nalukaikamahine

MissK wrote:Hi. If he is not feeding them, then their parents are feeding them or else he has a helper. I would think it is normal to be nervous about it. If you have done your research and you have a realistic expectation, then you know your handfeeding actions will make or break this little baby's life. That's a big responsibility, and since you never did it before, you are maybe not convinced it will end well. That would make anybody nervous.

Also, part of what you feel may be plain old excitement and uncertainty over entering the unknown, coupled with dealing with surprises. You didn't expect that crazy lady to be so negative about her birds, and you suddenly realized it might not be so easy to get a bird. That was a big shock. Then, as soon as you were getting used to that idea, this other breeder turned up, and BOOM! There's your baby, just come and get it. Now you have to commit to to what you were pretty sure you wanted, but you worry in the back of your head it isn't the right one. Same thing happened to me when I bought my house. It's OK.

-MissK
MissK,
You are such a great help! Thank you so very much for all of the kind words and encouragement :)

I'm feeling much better today, and actually going to pick up my baby formula and snuggle hut for him, and my appointment with the breeder is at 430. I'm very excited again today....and I finished his baby blanket last night :)

I think today is the perfect day to bring him home to us, it's Friday, we've got the whole weekend to work out our schedule and hopefully by the time my husband goes back to work we'll have his feeding schedule down.

Now I've got the excitement jitters! lol

]

subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Congratulations in advance.

Subodh
nalukaikamahine

Thanks! I'm going to pick him up in 4 hours! I've got no idea what I'm going to do to kill time?!?! Lol.

I've picked up my formula, made my well-parrot appointment with our avian vet and I've got my heat lamp warming up so I can monitor the temperature. I've bought my transition food as well, though I won't need that for another week or so!

I'm excited to go pick out our next baby.

I'll have tons of pictures to post later :mrgreen: I can't wait!