what is he doing?

Moderator: Mods

Bananike

what is he doing?

Post by Bananike »

Guys, hey, i have another question about my bird.
Yesterday i saw he was kind of yawning but it also looked like he was going to throw up ?
Its really hard to explain but I'm worried about my bird a little bit
MissK

Re: what is he doing?

Post by MissK »

Time will tell?

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Bananike

I just wanted to add a more basic level comment, just in case you don't know already.

Birds naturally regurgitate (similar to throwing up) their food. If your bird had a mate he/she would regurgitate food to his/her mate and any chicks if they have any.

Sometimes birds will regurgitate food and swallow it back down again.

Regurgitating is a natural bird behaviour.

Ellie.
Bananike

Post by Bananike »

ellieelectrons wrote:Hi Bananike

I just wanted to add a more basic level comment, just in case you don't know already.

Birds naturally regurgitate (similar to throwing up) their food. If your bird had a mate he/she would regurgitate food to his/her mate and any chicks if they have any.

Sometimes birds will regurgitate food and swallow it back down again.

Regurgitating is a natural bird behaviour.

Ellie.
Thanks a lot.
Also, i have another question to ask if its fine ? Is it normal that my bird looses a few white little feathers ? Is it a sign he has mites or lice? Sorry for asking a billion question I'm just new at all this stuff :)
Bananike

Post by Bananike »

MissK wrote:Time will tell? My bird feeds his toys a lot, but I never see him yawning before he does it. He DOES appear to make a couple of HUGE yawns, though, when he is sizing up a new or surprising situation. Personally, I like to see it because I feel it shows me when he's having a truly new experience. He used to do it a lot before he got the lay of the land in my house, but he did it again today when I picked up my dog to sit in my lap. She's a bit big for lap size and she has arthritis, so I nearly never do pick her up like that and he isn't used to seeing it.

-MissK
Thanks a lot for you answer ! And i think he was regurgitating. So thank god i feel less worried now :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

If your bird is moulting this is normal & they will lose bigger feathers too. It's moulting season here in Australia at the moment but I don't know where in the world you are located.

Bald patches and feather plucking can sometimes be signs of disease.

Ellie.