7 month old ringneck

Moderator: Mods

wolfeey152

7 month old ringneck

Post by wolfeey152 »

hello first of all i am new to these forums

i have experience with cockatiels as i have grown up around the breed but im looking for a little change and that is that i want a ringneck
i have found a breeder and they have some that are around 7 months old and not tame .are they still tameable at this age?? i need to know if they are or not and what is the best way in your opinions to do so i assume i can use similar methods that i use when hand rearing cockatiels but with the exception that the bird will b 7 months i have the option to wait till october when they breed but dont want to wait .. i will take all replies into consideration but need to know by as soon as tomorrow.. btw im aussie its 2.21pm here now
sonic blue ringneck parrot age between 5-9 months unsexxed
ollie cinnamon cockatiel age around 5 months male
shonnaboyd

Re: 7 month old ringneck

Post by shonnaboyd »

its a bit late, but with time and patience every bird is tameable..
you may get bit a few times, or bluffed at, but they are still very young birds(mine is almost 6 months old now and hes still learning quickly)

make sure you know your breeder. feel comfortable choosing them, do they socialize the birds at all? do the let them out to play, play with them? hand raise them? this is what you wnt to look for in a breeder, dont pick someone who does not socialize with their birds! otherwise your going to end up in the same situation, untamed birds that take alot of time patientce and understanding, they will becoming loving birds but maybe take a while to get to that point.
visit the aviary, if the breeder can walk into their bird room and the babies instantly want out ONTO that person you can tell they are a loving kind breeder who cares for their birds, this is what you want to look for, you dont want a breeder who when they walk in the room has to reach in the cage and grab a bird with their hand from the cage, the bird should naturally want to come to that person, stepping up onto their fingers , making their choice to come out of the cage because they were showed love, and love their foster momma bird.

knowing and undersanding your breeders behavior, and breeding approch is your first step to finding the perfect bird, you will have a much more loving social bird, if your breeder LOVES what they do, instead of doing it for money.

shonna