Shortage of kaytee exact hand rearing formula due to recall

Moderator: Mods

cocoschick

Shortage of kaytee exact hand rearing formula due to recall

Post by cocoschick »

Due to the recall of kaytee exact hand rearing formula I can not get any anywhere, I have two 21 day old chicks & only half an 18 ounce tub left! So i have ordered some animal zone formula in the fear of not being able to get kaytee! Has anyone used animal zone before? Or does anyone have any advice on another good brand to use?
Melika

Re: Shortage of kaytee exact hand rearing formula due to rec

Post by Melika »

Sorry to reply so late. What did you end up using- the Zone? How was that? The only other kind I've used was PrettyBird and it was good. But I did go back to Kaytee. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
cocoschick

Re: Shortage of kaytee exact hand rearing formula due to rec

Post by cocoschick »

Hi, thanks for reply :D the Animalzone seems to have worked well & my babies are just starting to wean. I was worried about changing their feed but did it gradually & it went fine. Their parents have decided to lay again & my next babies are due to hatch this weekend :D so now I have the decision to make of going back to Kaytee or using up the Animalzone :) I think I have enough left to feed the next babies as I don't take them until they are a few weeks old. The only thing I found different with the Animalzone was their poo was a lot messier which wasn't really a problem :D