Byndi & Remmi's New Digs

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Byndi & Remmi's New Digs

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everyone,
Here are some pics. of their new homes. I don't have all their toys inside yet cuz I wasn't sure how to do it. Still trying to figure it out. But they seem to love their new homes. Let me know what you guys think.

Remmi on his playstand and Byndi climbing on the outside.

Remmi playing on top of his new home.

Byndi inside his new home.
DarinA

Post by DarinA »

Very nice Jen. Those look big enough for me to live in. I am sure that they will both enjoy their new homes. It is good to hear about Byndi starting to cooperate some. Maybe he likes guys better than women. My wife spends more time with Jade than I do, he will take food from her hand, yak at her and stuff, but wont step up, just bites her. Maybe Byndi will take to hubby. Good luck with the progression. Again, very nice houses and playlands.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Lovely! Exactly right sized! Not huge, but plenty of room for play!

Amazing how they can take over your life isnt it? You start with one little bird in one little cage... and you can (if someone doesnt beat you with a stick LOL) end up like me with 12 birds who need your every moment... and you do it with glee!

:)

Athena
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

Those are wonderful cages!

Also, Woohoo for Byndi becoming a more social bird. Your work is paying off! *cheers*
Rena
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hey Jen those cages are great! Perfect size...and Byndi and Remmi look happy and content. You're doing some great work with Byndi...keep it up with the little punk :wink:

Dani and Prinny
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Awesome! cages Jen .. what a good mummy you are *kisses* They really look happy.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

sooty

Post by sooty »

Those cages are awsome *jealous*
Is it possible to remove all of the dowel and replace it with natural branches??? It's so bad for birds feet, it annoys me that manufactures still make them with it in there *sigh
Cathy
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I think dowl is ok if it's not the ONLY thing they use.. or is it really that bad?
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Its ok as long as it isnt the highest perch, or the only perch. Most of mine like to chew the dowel up, which is fine with me :)

I usually give it as it goes with the cage, and they decide what happens from then on. Mazzie doesnt get one because she would get little pink tootsies... but Buddy has his.

Athena
sooty

Post by sooty »

When you compare dowel to a natural branch, no matter where the bird perches the pressure will always be in exactly the same place on the foot. Also, it being nearly impossible to find a vet that wouldn't think you're nuts for wanting your birds nails trimmed (my first experience at an avian vet's was a bemused expression followed by "you do know this is a bird, and birds have sharp nails for a reason.....) Providing natural branches of various sizes is a great way to keep those nails down. Besides it's not that hard around here...there are trees everywhere.

But this is also my personal preference...I would prefer to see my birds on natural branches, for some reason it leaves me feeling happier.

Just my 2 cents :)

I do love those cages...going to see if I can price some around here
Cathy
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Great cages Jen, your man is so cute to helpyou find them. James would complain the whole time and then get over it when I finaly convince him they NEED whatever it is.

Im so glad you are getting ther with Byndi! He might just turn out beautiful and sweet :shock:
-Chamon-