IRN Diet please help

Moderator: Mods

aces92

IRN Diet please help

Post by aces92 »

Are these pellets good for my IRN,i am not sure so i need help
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... oduct+Type
Last edited by aces92 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dog_glenn123

Re: IRN Diet please help

Post by dog_glenn123 »

I am unsure if the pellets are any good.

But if your bird needs to be on a diet that is unusual as parots only eat what they need, they are not over eaters, so give it vege's and some fruit with some seed, limit the amount of sun flower seed you give as its fatty, give more vege's then fruit as fruits tend to be higher in fats.

There is aplace on the site that explains what to feed your FID.

Ta Glenn
aces92

Post by aces92 »

dog_glenn123 wrote:I am unsure if the pellets are any good.

But if your bird needs to be on a diet that is unusual as parots only eat what they need, they are not over eaters, so give it vege's and some fruit with some seed, limit the amount of sun flower seed you give as its fatty, give more vege's then fruit as fruits tend to be higher in fats.

There is aplace on the site that explains what to feed your FID.

Ta Glenn
hm... well i do that already,the thing is, is that even if a give my IRN a very small amount of sunflower seeds it will just ignore all the veggies i give him and will keep waiting for more the next day,that's why i am trying to give my IRN pallets instead it's not a replacement for the veggies or fruits I give him just the seeds,that way i could use seeds as a treat and not food.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Yer they all have there favourite food, mine all love corn on the cob and will eat n eat it untill not even the cob exist's anymore.

I had an avien vet explain to me that they call it the golden seed! when you put bird seed in the aviary that it doesnt normally have it will tip basically everything out looking for the golden seed in the case of a gallah i had it was sunflower seed and he did the same sat there until you put sunflower seed in.

He also explained that hunger gets the better of them they wont starv them selves for to long eventually they will eat whats on offer.

Ta Glenn