Hiya from Missouri USA

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

LisaM

Hiya from Missouri USA

Post by LisaM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Lisa

I have 7 cockatiels and two IRN 3 yr olds, a Green female Named Emmi and a Lutino male named Bufera, that I recently got last week. They are brother and sister so they are not for breeding. They came from a parrot rescue so they are working on hand taming. Hes not so bad, but shes a serious biter when she gets nervous. But both do eat pellets now and they are offered fresh stuff but turn up their beaks at it, they were formerly on a millet and sunflower seed only diet. Bufera will taste what I am eating but generally it ends up wiped on my face the little bugger. I have been reading the boards and will be implementing some of what I have read here into their lives.

I am glad I found this forum.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day or night where ever you are.

Joanie

Re: Hiya from Missouri USA

Post by Joanie »

Welcome! glad you joined us. your birds are lovely
yes my IRN is not too thrilled with fresh stuff either. she is suposed to like grapes but i always find them on the floor. she does like her apples though not much else.
can't wait to try corn on the cob when it comes in season.
pinkdevil

Re: Hiya from Missouri USA

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your birds are beautiful, such cute and full of character faces.

My hand raised birds will eat pretty much anything but the aviary birds each have their likes and dislikes. But they do eat most of the common fruit and veg mix.