Black beak red, blue, grey and green feathers

Moderator: Mods

kirstychelsea

Black beak red, blue, grey and green feathers

Post by kirstychelsea »

Hi i just bought a 7 week old indian ring neck parrot but i am not sure thats what i got he has a grey head with black beak he has red colouring on his cheeks he also has a green body with bright blue near the bottom and red tail feathers is this a ringneck parrot i will take good care of bird whatever he is but i need to know what kind he is so i can do this better any help would be appreciated. i have tried to attach pic but file size too big i could email to someone if they could help thanks
ellieelectrons

Re: Black beak red, blue, grey and green feathers

Post by ellieelectrons »

There was a recent post on here of an African ringneck. It had a black beak. I'm not sure about the other features but I'm sure someone else would know. You could google afican ringneck and see if it looks like your bird.

With pictures, you can put then on a photo sharing site and copy the code to put it in your message.

Good luck with your bird.

Ellie
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi it doesnt sound like a IRN but if you go to the photo bucket website its free you can attach picture there and then copy the url to a responce.
A picture would be the best.
Thanks Glenn
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

from what i under stand of genetics it is impossble to get a ringneck with red feathers?

The peach/pink you get in the lutinos rings and also green males rings yes, but proper red, no.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hi there, pm me for my email, and email me the pic and i will post it up for you :D
julie

Post by julie »

sounds like a green cheek conure to me . check out this link http://www.conurequeen.com/green-cheek-conure.html
julie

Post by julie »

Did it get worked out what bird it is?? got me curious.