Colour Advise pls, White blue and blue!

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

Colour Advise pls, White blue and blue!

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi all again,

I just got a new bubby - it is 3 weeks old so feathers arent open enough for me to tell colour, was just wondering what colours are possible from a white blue female (she is very very light) and a blue male? i unfortunately dont know their parentage, was just wondering what my bubby could be? his feather tips are looking a darkish blue at the moment?
Recio

Re: Colour Advise pls, White blue and blue!

Post by Recio »

Hi;

Probably it will be a blue (split pallid if male).

Regards

Recio
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hi there, thanks, its strange his tail feeathers are white (with a faint light blue tinge) then just above them,normal blue but in his wings and upper body they are a darkish almost teal coloured blue? What does the white tail mean? will it stay white?
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,
Pics?
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

he is not with me at the moment, and cam doesnt get very nice pics, will try get some over night and post them, even if colour isnt very good. But is that possible with is parents colouring? the tail is definately a very white light blue, which i thought strange, i thought he would be either like his mum or dad.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

sorry the camera quality is terrible but its better than nothing i hope, pls let me know your thoughts.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

will try get a better one of his tail once he has been to the vet later, also having him sexed tonight!!
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,

Tail feathers are out of focus. The only white I see seems to be the reflect of the pin feathers. I had assumed that the "white blue" female is a blue pallid. If this is the case and there are not splits your baby will be blue. Could you post a pic of both parents and a better pic of the tail feathers?

Recio
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hi there, i do not own the parents so cannot post pictures, and the tail feathers as you see them at the bottom of the tail although put of focus, they are opened pin feathers and white.

For lack of a way to describe the female, it is like creamino (which is the white with yellow i am thinking?) except she is blue instead of yellow.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hi sorry these pics arent much better but yoiu can see the bottom row of his tail feathers are much lighter than the rest of him, as the are opening they are definately more a light blue white compared to the rest of him. as for his body, is that normal blue? seems a bit darker? i have a 1 year old blue male at home
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi sorry here the pics
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

tail
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Finally got some better pics
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

I think he is a normal blue. The lateral-low tail feathers display less melanin: they look green-yellow in green series and light blue in blue series. Look at the 2 middle tail feathers and you will remark that they are normal blue. Let's see how finally he looks like.
Regards

Recio
riccardo

Post by riccardo »

if I understand: male to female blue blue esssere should a female lacewing blue small blue / lacewing males females blue
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Well my baby is a little girl.... Not that i think that helps! But shame she is a pretty little thing, still seems darker than your normal blue and her tail still has the whiteish blue, just find it strange as my other 2 blues never has it!

Riccardo - i have no idea what you were tryin to say!

Thanks