newby to ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

sammie.m

newby to ringnecks

Post by sammie.m »

hey guys i was given 2adult ringnecks a couple of months ago n they have had 4eggs, about a week ago one baby hatched n was wondering if the other will tooo??

also i would like to make these babies friendly n be able to handle them as the parents are not tame,n am i able to still do this wen the mother is raising it?? n how plz someone help haha
ad1671

Re: newby to ringnecks

Post by ad1671 »

21-23 days incubation period of irn...just wait for the other eggs to be hatched. if you want that your irn be tamed you have to handfeed them.
sammie.m

Post by sammie.m »

thanks.. although it has been about a week n half sinc the first baby has hatched so does that mean the other three eggs are not fertile???

and wen should i take the baby from the mother as i dont really wanna be feeding it ever couple of hrs so ive discovered thru info on the net haha had to do that with my child hahah dnt wana do that again anyti :lol: me soon
ad1671

Post by ad1671 »

most probably they are not fertile... 3rd or 4th week after the egg had been hatched is the best time to handfeed. if this is your first time the best is on the 4th week. goodluck.