pallid ino cock x cin graygreen hen

Moderator: Mods

jayen

pallid ino cock x cin graygreen hen

Post by jayen »

masters what possible offsprings will they produce?
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/ ... 1283673476
pallid ino cock
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/ ... 1283673476
cin graygreen hen

according to where i bought my cin hen, it is a cin olive? masters can you better identify, is this a cin graygreen or cin olive
thanx vmuch...
Recio

Re: pallid ino cock x cin graygreen hen

Post by Recio »

Hi,

Let's asume that your female is a SF grey cin. The offspring will be:
1.0 pallidIno x 0.1 grey(sf) green cinnamon :

Males:
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /pallid cinnamon G+/G;Xinopd/Xcin; ... visual grey-green
25.0% 1.0 green /pallid cinnamon Xinopd/Xcin; ...................... visual green
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /ino cinnamon G+/G;Xino/Xcin; .......... visual grey-green
25.0% 1.0 green /ino cinnamon Xino/Xcin; ............................. visual green

Females
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green pallid G+/G;Xinopd/Y; ........................ visual pallid grey green
25.0% 0.1 green pallid Xinopd/Y; ............................................ visual pallid green
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) ino G+/G;Xino/Y; ....................................... visual lutino
25.0% 0.1 ino Xino/Y; .......................................................... visual lutino

Grey can not be displayed by ino females since ino inhibits the synthesis of melanins.

Whether your female is a cin-olive (cin-DF dark) or a cin-grey (also called golden olive) it is not possible at all to know from your pics. The possibility of a real cin-olive is very small since these birds are very rare. In fact, to me, the female on the pic looks like a normal grey-green: the wings are too dark for a cin-grey green.

Regards

Recio
jayen

Post by jayen »

thanx very much sir recio for the info...

that's also one of the reason why i posted the picture to know what mutation it really is.... back here in the philippines it is so hard to get high mutation irns and if there are it is too costly for ordinary breeder like me... info like this one can really help the hobby back here in our country...

sir if i pair my pallid with a blue hen, is there a possiblity to produce a blue pallid? or what should i pair my pallid so as to produce another pallid with different color...
Recio

Post by Recio »

jayen wrote: sir if i pair my pallid with a blue hen, is there a possiblity to produce a blue pallid?
Only if your pallidino male is split blue. In this case you would get:

Males:
25.0% 1.0 blue /ino bl/bl;ino+/ino; ..................... visual blue
25.0% 1.0 green /blue ino bl+/bl;ino+/ino; ........... visual green
25.0% 1.0 blue /pallid bl/bl;ino+/inopd; ............... visual blue
25.0% 1.0 green /blue pallid bl+/bl;ino+/inopd;....... visual green

Females:
25.0% 0.1 blue ino bl/bl;ino/Y; .......................... visual albino
25.0% 0.1 ino /blue bl+/bl;ino/Y; ....................... visual lutino
25.0% 0.1 blue pallid bl/bl;inopd/Y; .................... visual pallid blue
25.0% 0.1 pallid /blue bl+/bl;inopd/Y; ................. visual pallid green

or what should i pair my pallid so as to produce another pallid with different color...
If you want to get pallid males you need to pair your pallidino to a pallid female. For pallid females you will always get 50% of all your female offspring from that pallidino male. What colour to add in your female in such a way it pass to the offspring? Provided that your pallidino male si not split to any recessive mutation, you should work with dominant mutations such as violet, grey or dark.

Regards
Recio