Soon to be IRN owner

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

enmonjea

Soon to be IRN owner

Post by enmonjea »

Hello everyone! After many many weeks of decision making between many different parrot species, I have decided to purchase an Indian Ringneck. I have always been fascinated by their general demeanor, intelligence, and their absolutely stunning looks. I have owned cockatiels and parakeets in the past, however had to sell them all due to being entered in a year long working student position in which I was not allowed to have pets. (I still miss them all very very much...) I am in a new place and I have read almost every post on these forums and am sure the decision is right for me. I live in North Carolina and have contacted dozens of breeders, and only one has responded thus far, but my fingers are crossed that I will be able to find a weaned hand-fed baby soon. If any of you know a breeder with chicks in the Virginia-North Carolina- South Carolina areas, please let me know! I have a large large cage, plenty of handmade and purchased toys and an empty household... now I just need my bird!

Until then, I am very excited! I think I have watched every IRN video on you tube just to make sure I know what I am getting into... haha. Thanks for this wonderful site and I cannot wait to share with you all in the future!

Erica
pinkdevil

Re: Soon to be IRN owner

Post by pinkdevil »

Firstly, welcome :D.
Secondly, congrats on choosing a ringie to be your housebuddy lol.

Sounds like all is ready for the baby when s/he finally comes home.

You must post pictures of your little mate as soon as you can, we are nosey birdlovers here and love to see everyones birds.
enmonjea

Post by enmonjea »

Thank you! I am quite excited! :D I still have not found a breeder with babies, however two contacted me back and said they knew people who did, so I will be awaiting their numbers! It seems as if this is the very end of the breeding season.

And don't worry, I'm a very photo-loving bird mommy. I will take plenty and force everyone to swoon over my beautiful birdie! :lol:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

enmonjea wrote: And don't worry, I'm a very photo-loving bird mommy. I will take plenty and force everyone to swoon over my beautiful birdie! :lol:
:lol: That's what we like to hear. :P

Good luck in finding your little one.
enmonjea

Post by enmonjea »

Got my baby today. He is a beautiful gray. Out of a cage with 8 birdies, he came right up and tried to give me kissies. He is exhausted from the drive and the stress of moving, but I will get photos within the next couple days!

Edit: I decided to let my boyfriend name him...when he was hungry. So now he is set on the name "Pohi" .... or I-Hop backwards. :| that name will totally turn into pooey in the mouth of a IRN, but I suppose it is cute enough. lol .... and I just googled POHI and realized it stands for "physically or otherwise health impaired", ugh ... boys :roll: