Photo 2: "Ooohhh yeah, thats the spot!"
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Ok I just had to do this, I hope nobody takes offence and God forgives me:-

Photo 1: "Yodaleeeehhiiiihooooooooo!"

Photo 2: "Oh! I'm so glad you called, what are you wearing baby ?" - (in a soft and sensual voice)

Cheers !

Andrea (Angie)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

My first thought for the top one is exactly "The Lake is alive with the sound of music" I wasnt going to put it because it was silly but I cant believe I thought the same thing.

And I was thinking the phone thing for the second one lol
Melika

Post by Melika »

Photo one: "Raise anchor! Hoist the sails! Man the helm! Today we shall conquer the raging seas!"
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Melika I was going to say something similar to the first one for that.. it was going to be : Ahoy me maties! .. anyone seen my vessel and my captains hat is missing too . We are all just great minds huh!
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

My mind doesn't work. So no captions came to mind, but I got the biggest kick out of these. Chamon, I just love, love, love your photos. You rock! And Datsun has got to be the COOLEST bird. Man I wish you could duplicate her and send one to me. :D :(

Please keep your photos coming, I live vicariously through them. And I get the biggest kick out of showing my husband. He so is not a bird person and I torture him with this site and all the photos! I'll be like, "Honey come here. You gotta see/hear this." And he'll reluctantly come out here and feign interest. He's such a great guy. And totally freaking out that I'm even considering a third bird!

I LOVE YOUR PHOTS AND YOUR DATSUN!!!!!!!! Please keep posting!!! Like Tony the Tiger would say, "They're GGGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hugs,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Photo 1: Dammit my cycle always starts at the worse time!

Photo 2: Hello, pharmacist... I will be there soon to refill my meds, please have them ready when I get there. I cant do my period without my xanax, someone will die.
And while you are at it, I need a few other things so get a pen and paper and have them ready when I get there. I, Mrs. Datsun doesnt shop... I am shopped for. Thank you and have a very nice day. :D
~ Mikaela Sky

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Photo 1: "Oh my GOD! something moved! I swear it was an.. a .. oh yuck I think it was an eel! Get me off this thing NOW!!!!!"

Photo 2: "I'm not drukunk! How coulddd you evegn sfay that? I ongly had 6... or wsas it 8....."
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

lmao @ D and F

Get me off this thing NOW !!
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

lmao.. I just showed my husband the pics and he reckons:-

1. Is that an Eagle ??

2. He went .. that a way !

Andrea (Angie)
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Jim (thats my husband), reckons the caption to one of the "birthday pics" posted earlier, should be.. "ok who did number 1 on my cake ?"

and the ones of D in the grass posted earlier too, should be:- "But officer, honestly!, its not my grass !"
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Photo 1: *clears her throat* "and Iiiiiieeeeeiiii will always looooovvee you ooohh oooooohh..."

Datsun loves Whitney! :oops:
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*Loves this post*

Dies laughing at everyones imagination.

Aussies say reckon? I always knew I like yall. But never knew why.

Is it just me or is the Croc dude super HOT. Loving that blond hair and all of his excitement. And people tell me to settle down. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mikaela,
I think the "Croc dude" is hot too. I love his passion for animals. And how freakin' cool would it be to have been raised the way he was and the way he's raising Bindi?? I would love to work in a zoo. But I don't --no I take that back, I know I couldn't handle the deaths of the animals. And that's probably why it wouldn't have been a good job for me. But imagine working there? How cool it would be! I love watching "Croc Diaries." What a fun life they must have.

Jen
webvixen

Post by webvixen »

1: "MORE BEER , MORE BEER , MORE BEER"

2: (THE NEXT DAY) OH MAN, I'M SO SICK!!!! IT MUST OF BEEN THE FOOD!!!!!!!
Jade

Post by Jade »

Funny thing is that unfortunately us Aussies have the 'tall poppy syndrome' and put so much **** on poor Steve Irwin for being so passionate. Man I hate that attitude.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

And what is wrong with reckon ? << puts her hands on her hips, flicks her hair back and glares, waiting for an answer.

Steve Irwin is a character and a half thats for sure, funny, but Hot ? Must be the accent or something

Cheers!

Andrea (Angie)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

He can hunt my croc anyday

*looks over her shoulder to make sure her ol'man is still ignoring me*

hehe
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I love his enthusiasm and love for animals... but his looks certainly aren't "hot" in my book, lol. 8)

Kyria, americans are suckers for accents, LOL. And we're partial to aussies. :wink:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Come on you guys! That blonde hair and those blue eyes? And that accent! I think I'm mostly attracted to his passion for animals. Who in your book is hot?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Nothing is wrong with reckon. I just thought I was the only person that said it. :?

Besides everyone back home (NC) common there. If you say it here, people have no clue what you are trying to say.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

That was one of the funniest things, when I had a month in florida, everywhere they took me, family functions, even in the keys at sloppy joes and hogsbreath, people would stop me mid sentence and ask me "What in gods name did you just say ?". LOL

Do you know, most Americans don't understand our term "Cheeky"

used in a sentence: - "That little tacker is a cheeky bugga, if he doesn't cut it out he'll come a croppa"

And they had no idea what Arvo was or Mozzy. Alot of the time they associate our Aussie accent with someone from Boston.

Wondering if Mikaela has a southern accent, I love !!!!! southern accents

Andrea (Angie)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Very southern :oops:

Everyone thinks its cute, its a curse. :?

Floridians dont have a southern accent so I sound weird to everyone here. One would think Florida is the south but too many Ny'ers took it over.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I don't have an accent, lol. So I adopt the accents of those around me. And I'm very good at it. :wink:

I was up in redneck FL and one of the women asked my why I was so quiet- I said, "When I open my mouth I talk like ya'll." with a very redneck accent. We all laughed, lol. But it took days for me to ditch that accent. Though I still say ya'll. ^^

Cheeky I know, but Mozzy and Arvo? You have your own dialect there, lol.

Some brit things I know, like Lorry, Petrol, Bonnet, Fish&Chips, etc. But it was something I had to learn. Cheeky is Brit too, so that's how I know that one, lol.

Sometimes I say bonnie lass when referring to a niece, lol. Just for fun. ^^

And when I'm very very angry, I become quiet in tone and speak with a british accent. Becoming all "uppity", lol. I just don't like yelling....

Floridians are just a mesh with no particular accent. -shrug- Unless you're in north FL, lol.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Arvo is short for afternoon and mozzy is short for Mosquito

Fish and Chips may be brittish but "spittin chips" is aussie. (gettin angry is spittin chips) just imagine someone with a mouth full of chips yellin full pelt and the little tacker runnin amuck around the joint.

Now Go grab the aeroguard and ava good weekend mate. Actually I use the RID tropical strength coz the marchies are full on here on the south coast in summer. Raid fast knockdown for the blowies. Oh yeah! blow flies (blowies) are something like your horse flies I think, big, fat, heavy, slow flying, buzzing, disgusting, maggot carrying, flies.

hehehe.. love it .. I truely love being an Aussie, Fair Dinkum, its grouse!

Andrea (Angie)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

And we truly love you for it.

I would have already visited but Im out when it comes to an 18 hour plane ride. I would be parachuting out of the friggin window.

GET ME OUT OF THIS THING.

How long was your flight?
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I flew United Airline :-

1 hour up to Sydney - 1 hour stop over
13 hours across the ocean to Sanfrancisco - 2 hour stop over
5 hours across your lovely country to Orlando intern.

so all up with 1 hour to the tulla airport in Australia and 1hour from Orlando to their home.

24 hrs of travelling. and I flew economy plus

Coming home was a mirror image except we flew into LAX

The 13 hours was like another life. But I loved every minute of the travel thing. I went on my own (very exciting and freeing) and left hubby at home with the kids , he had no want to come at all and frankly we couldn't have afforded the whole family. Neither could my host family (friends) in Florida.

God I miss them terribly :(
Melika

Post by Melika »

:D Orlando- from my front door takes about 2-3 hours depending on traffic and who's driving. Mikaela is a half hour or more closer, lol. 8)

You had one LONG flight. :shock: I'm seriously rethinking ever visiting Aus., lol. :lol: