What mutation is my ringneck?

Moderator: Mods

saramccau

What mutation is my ringneck?

Post by saramccau »

hi, i recently bought a nest of ringnecks to handraise, now they have a little bit of feathers i found something interesting. they are both dark green, one has a couple of speckles of yellow of what i can see now, and one has completely yellow tail feathers but no sign of yellow anywhere else.. im guessing one of the parents is a split, as the mother is lutino and the father blue. i would really like to find out what mutation they are if any :) any oppinions appreciated. notice the yellow tail feathers sprouting in the photo
Attachments
birdies cut.jpg
dog_glenn123

Re: What mutation is my ringneck?

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi saramccau,

Its probably a bit early to tell at this stage.

But if you know what mutation the parents where/are then we might be able to work it out with the genetic calculator.

Thanks Glenn
nishaan

Post by nishaan »

hi.
It seem that one will be olive green (gray green) and the other one will be a cinnamon green. If parent are yellow and blue.
some time there are lot of surprise when you buy baby Un feather . for that reason its not recommended to sell mutation baby that you don t know the color of the off spring.so you are lucky.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi sorry didnt read you post properly,

If the parents are Blue male and Yellow female then your babies are just standard green birds.
Below is the genetic calcs.
This also is as long as the parents arent split to anything.
nishaan wrote:hi.
It seem that one will be olive green (gray green) and the other one will be a cinnamon green. If parent are yellow and blue.
some time there are lot of surprise when you buy baby Un feather . for that reason its not recommended to sell mutation baby that you don t know the color of the off spring.so you are lucky.
You cant get greygreen or Olive from this pairing anf greygreen and olvie arent the same thing.

1.0 blue
x 0.1 ino
% from all 1.0
100.0% 1.0 green /blue ino
% from all 0.1
100.0% 0.1 green /blue
Calculated on 27 Oct 2010 00:37:12 , Prague

© 2002 - 2010 Martin Rašek

Thanks Glenn
riccardo

Post by riccardo »