Please help! Health question (budgie)

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

Please help! Health question (budgie)

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

I just noticed my budgies droppings are like water, just a little bit thicker.
Does this mean he is sick?
He would be 3-4 months old and he acts normal exept sleeps more than a normal budgie but i thought that could be because he only has one eye and it would take him more effet to move around?

Someone please help :!:
Fah

Re: Please help! Health question (budgie)

Post by Fah »

If you have not been feeding your little guy alot of water heavy fruits and veg recently, or changed its diet recently, I would take it down to the vet.

Running poops are caused by many things, none of which are diagnoseable over the forums :/
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

There are no averian vets in my area
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

his droppings look normal now. i think he might have drank too much water?
Fah

Post by Fah »

On an odd chance... maybe. Really you just find that sort of thing if they have eaten an apple, or other high water content fruits / veg. Its like feeding your bird a strawberry for the first time... you go into panic mode thinking they have blood in their poop heh.

If your bird is alert, bubbly and happy, on a good mix of fiberous food and soft foods, then it should be no major concern if things are now clearing up.

However if you note your bird sleeping excessively and having another bout of the runny poops, it could be a need to worm your bird just in case, and lay off some of the fruit for a bit, as even birds get a cold like 'thing' now and then if unlucky, this gives your bird a chance to retain some water in the system without passing it so quickly.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

He is his normal self. The only new thing in his diet is solable D (i think thats how you spell it) it aids in giving them vitamin d and some other things. I gave him some spark just in case because that usally helps with lots of illnesses that a bird has just got.