i want my paco to speak

Moderator: Mods

paco24

i want my paco to speak

Post by paco24 »

my irn is one year and yet to make noise or anysound. i spend a good time with it and it would make noise once in a blue. what can i do to make speak or sounds help. and he has so much in the cage can that be it. help ty.
love it
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Repetation is the key! Though some birds just wont talk at all. Don't be disappionted if your IRN never talks, that is just your bird.

Try to repeat things over and over.

Dani and Prinny
julie

Post by julie »

you have to give it time and patience.your irn may never speak as some dont.but he/she is only young.makaelas baby has just turned 1(i think could be wrong) and learnt to speak quite well. but birds are like kids some pick things up better than others.
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

My birds didn't start talking or making noises till they were about a year and half.

I first starting with whistling to them. Before we knew it they could do that. Now, Loki talks up a storm, but Kozmo will only whistle and make other noises.

Give it time, try different things. It took one night of my smoke alarm battery dying and it going off about 8 times, and my birds started making that awful noise. Everything else, has taken tons of repetition.
Rena
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby will be a yr in May and she just started talking one day. Literally. I even got in on vid!

She didnt begin with words though, rather in phrases.

Are you a good girl?
Where is Poppy?
Whatcha doing girl/baby?
You wanna be a good girl?
Jared, NO!
Peek-a-Boo whatcha doing.
Heeeere kitty kitty kitty kitty.

Bam. All in one day. I had to record and post it to make sure I wasnt *wanting* to hear these things. She has been speaking now for about two weeks and honestly... be careful what you wish for.... she never shuts up.

Why phrases and not words? Because I always spoke to her in sentences, I suppose. The only word she says is kiss and thats kiss kiss. What can I say, she likes the sound of her own voice. :roll:

Here are 8 one minute videos of her speaking. Enjoy!

http://www.dropshots.com/picsofbaby2

Put your bird near the computer and let him/her listen. It has worked for others.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Mazzie doesnt talk, and she's an older bird.

Buddy talks a bit, not a ton, but more than enough for me.

I have a house full of jabber beaks, I love hearing the natural sounds, and thats what my crew likes to make!

:)

Athena
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

None of mine talk, but if they want to they will later, You just gotta talk to them alot, high pitched voice might help and make it fun. it might help if there was some soft background noise around, Birds tend to want to vocalise when there is background noise.
paco24

Post by paco24 »

ty for all the feed back. i like to know more ty D
love it
elaine

Post by elaine »

Mine is only about 4 months old but is very quiet. Sometimes he will have about a 3o second squawking session but thats it.
paco24

Post by paco24 »

same hear
love it
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lol

Calm down folks, they dont hatch saying 'Whats up man'!

My Baby is a freak so putting her aside, you shouldnt even expect anything until at least a year.

You realize more ringnecks DO NOT speak than DO, although they are known to be great talkers for small parrots.

There is a very good chance your bird will never say a word. Also a good chance it will be a freak like mine and never shut up, yet never repeat the same phrase in a session.

When I got my Baby I went into it with: I dont care if its a boy or girl or if s/he ever says a word. The pressure was then gone.

Parrots are weird in the way they arent out to please. Baby will do anything as long as she thinks I dont care but if she feels pushed into doing something (back to cage) she gets that hateful look and shuts down completely. So, working with her is not fun, always.
julie

Post by julie »

mikaela we were like that with indie it didnt matter if she wasnt very tame (we were told indie was a girl and not tame)but it turned out indie was a boy and he was tame.the suckers sold him for $100 now we cant get away from him,sometimes we wake up with him saying hello in our ears i mean like right beside you.
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

funny how the smoke alarm is everyone's FAVOURITE sound and it only takes once for them to repeat it!!! mine hear anything remotely SOUNDING like the alarm and they start going off!!!

Ravi clicks...and then coo's...Bongo just whistles and makes xbox sounds hehehe he's a gamer boy ;) he said hello and hi a few times, but other than that nothing and he won't say it anymore

be happy with your bird just the way it is :) and someday it might surprise you that it's talking :)
hodad66

Post by hodad66 »

Skyler still doesn't talk. He chatters to himself which we love to hear but nothing comes out sounding like
english. Not even a wolf whistle. Oh well, never did want a bossy bird... :)
bobbisox41

Post by bobbisox41 »

when I first got my IRN Kiwi, i used to sit with him every day for about 10 minutes just repeating a word to him over and over, I would change the word every week to something different so it wasn't boring to him..... he started to talk when he was around 7 or 8 months and I was shocked to hear the first words come out of his mouth..........at that time I was not aware that Kiwi was male....he was a very good little student too I might add...when i would talk to him he would move his head from side to side and he would get this certain look in his eyes and I knew he was listening to me....................Kiwi is no longer with me, he died on march 13th, died in my hand, he was 12 years old and was a good little fella..........I will be getting a new baby ringneck at the end of this week...he is finally ready to come home............I say He because we had him sexed.....but that still does not mean I will have a talker.............I believe it is the individual bird... this new little guy is almost 11 weeks and I have my work cut out for me and probably will not know if he will be a talker until he is close to a year old also.........they also told me at the shop where I bought him which i found to be interesting.......not to teach the bird how to whistle because if he learns how to whistle first he will not talk....don't know how true it is.........................sorry for such a long post ....................i wish you good luck with your little guy and just give him a lot of time and patience..
julie

Post by julie »

indie learnt to whistle before he talked.some people say they wont talk if there is another bird,we got a new bird and indie hasnt shut up talking since.