Better life cleaning products.

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

Better life cleaning products.

Post by pattiB »

I'm watching Shark Tank and this all natural cleaning product is at Whole Foods. I've never really looked into it but am reading wonderful reviews online. It should definitely be safe around birds. Yes? The guy sprayed it into his mouth! lol. Does anyone use this product in their home? Thanks
Dixie-1

Re: Better life cleaning products.

Post by Dixie-1 »

I dont know about that product Patti, but did you know that apple cider vinegar is a natural, safe non-toxic cleaner ? 50/50 dilution with water works great ! :wink: Heck you can even go "organic" if you feel the need. :D

Cleaning Meats and Vegetables.
To clean away parasites, moulds and nasty pesticide chemicals from your vegetables and meat, use a 50/50 solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and 3% Hydrogen Peroxide wash.

Odour Remover.
As well as being effective against body and pet odour, Apple Cider Vinegar is also excellent at removing household odours. The Apple Cider Vinegar breaks down the volatile compounds and kills the bacteria that are responsible for many nasty household smells.

Window Cleaner.
Spray a 50/50 solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and water onto your windows. For really dirty and stained windows use undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar. When the solution has dried wipe clean with paper towels for a smear-free finish.

Just takin a break !

pattiB

Post by pattiB »

Thanks. Apple Cider Vinegar is great for tons of things. When I get "That" sore throat, I gargle it full strength. In minutes, gone. Highly recommend. I think there's a book for ACV cure alls and do alls. :D
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

will this not leave a strong vinegar smell in the house? Or will it disappear pretty soon?

(it's also good for getting skunk smell out of the house.. boil it and let the fumes interact with the skunk molecules... but you'd have to get your bird out of the house I would think.. it burns your eyes and throat but it does help against skunk)
Melika

Post by Melika »

You can use regular vinegar too. I clean my bird cages with a vinegar solution. The smell fades relatively quickly. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Melika wrote:You can use regular vinegar too. I clean my bird cages with a vinegar solution. The smell fades relatively quickly. :)
That is true Melika, as far as smell vinegar is a natural non toxic odor killer.Safer than any commercial ( TOXIC ) product on the market.
Just takin a break !