What can i feed my baby IRN?

Moderator: Mods

baby_bella

What can i feed my baby IRN?

Post by baby_bella »

hey all! i just got my ring neck on monday and curious what she can eat....
ive been feeding her fruits and vegies and small parrot mix seed, but i want to know egsactly what she can and cant eat. are all fruits fine? i know avocado is a NO-NO but any other friuts and what about vegies? thanks a mill guys.... :lol:
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Coffee, Chocolate, Avodado, Alcohol are the big ones that ARE NOT OK.

Others say lima beans, cauliflour, the green leafy part of corn, Stems, Pits and Seeds of fruit, rhubarb, onions, sprouted limas, fava beans and navy beans are also bad.

Do not give peanuts to a parrot, as this could cause aspergillosis, a dangerous disease. Also Raw potato can be poisonous.

Beware of pesticides used on fruit and veg esp in America not sure if it's the same here. Best bet is to grow your own.

Anything high in fat or salt should be avoided.

IN the good corner,
Apple, Oranges, Banana, Corn, Peas, Cucumber, Spinach, Corn, Grapes Bananas, Plums, Watermelon, Broccoli, Pears, Chilli peppers, Green Beans, Cherries, Peaches, Apricots, Strawberries, Celery, Carrots, Capsicum, Unsalted nuts.
Melika

Post by Melika »

One of the most varied and interesting site for nutrition is at www.landofvos.com Thay have some nice recipies.

http://www.landofvos.com/articles/feeding.html

I can say that our IRNs LOVE sweet potato mash, lol. And it's so very good for them. We mash sweet potato and mix in different veggies (chopped) and freeze in ice cube trays for the week (after their frozen put them in a freezer baggie). They only get this treat when they're out on their playpen. :)

In their cages they get different fruits and veggies.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

thanks heaps guys the info has fully helped me out... i wanna give bella the best i can give her food wise... oh she is so cute.... im still feeding her with her srringe! she doesnt play with any of her toys yet thou.. is this ok? i brought her this cat toy that you can roll along the ground and that has a small bell in it and she absolutly hates the thing! she lunges at it and everything. but she is such an affentionate bird.... :wink:
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I've had my babies for over a week almost two Jay says (my Fiance) anyway they have only JUST begun to be curious about the rest of the world and dont hide their little heads in the box all the time.

It takes them a while to get used to their surroundings, be patient and just wait for them to explore on their own and just be ready to be there for them when it happens.