Sign of a ring or Not?

Moderator: Mods

courtney

Sign of a ring or Not?

Post by courtney »

I have been calling Chiquita a “she”. Even if she is a he I don’t think I can get out of the habit and switch her to a him so Chiquita will be my little he/she.

Anyway she has two itty bitty orange dots on the side of her neck, do you think that is the start of a ring? It’s been there so long though. That’s the thing which confuses me.

I can’t get a pic of it because it’s to small plus that bird can’t sit still for anything. I swear that bird has ADD. Seriously, she needs some valium.
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

ian1

Post by ian1 »

I wonder if a couple of the ring feathers came through in the last major moult and you'll get more next time.

Does it work like this? Maybe someone will know.

Interestingly the ring feathers on my 8ish month Alexandrine are yellow except for the tips (green), the rest of his body feathers are grey/white and green; my female IRN has a clear pale 'girl ring'.
courtney

Post by courtney »

That could be, I never thought of that.
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.