elkas firt day

Moderator: Mods

julies

elkas firt day

Post by julies »

hi all
this is my newest baby hubby finally gave in and let me buy her unsure if she is a she but thats what i will call her for now her name elka she is 6weeks old thats what breeder told me if any can say thats she i s younger would love to hear
Anyway hope you like her as much as i do

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28135503@N00/45777523/

talk later have to tend to elka bye
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That baby, in my opinion, is not 6 weeks old, unless she happens to have just had a bath which would make her look much smaller and with far fewer feathers. I am thinking she is a little younger but hey... whatta I know. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

julies

Post by julies »

thank you for your reply i just going off what breeder told me.
so how old do you think, i value your opinon, they told me to feed her 4 times a day should i feed her more i have raised cockatrils before not ringneck so any advice would be helpful.
im keeping her warm.
i have rad all advice given to other people with babies but your opinon would be good on mine.
thank you again
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Lets see what some other members think. She looks younger to me.

Four times a day is great, is she a good eater? I know my baby was. I miss feeding her. Sad part is, I didnt realize she was just going to up and ween one day so I went to feed her and she refused it. Tried a few more times and refused it. Saddened me when those days were over, she never gave any signs she was ready to ween, she just decided that was her day *shrug*
~ Mikaela Sky

julies

Post by julies »

yep shes a good eater, i think i love the play time after feeding too,
she loves her neck beening rubbedshe kinda tilts her head to one side and goes to sleepso cute, dont tell me she going to get bigger bugger(joke)any way thanks
any more opinons on age would be good
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Shes gonna get alot bigger.... I6 inches, mostly tail though.

One of us outta name our babies J-lo cuz they have big tails HA!
~ Mikaela Sky

chez

hello

Post by chez »

i julies your bird look lovly but it hasnt got many feathers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Melika

Post by Melika »

Elka looks to me aout four weeks old with those pins. But keep in mind my babies were parent fed for the first three and a half weeks of their lives, so they may have feathered out sooner than a bird that has been handfed from a younger age. So your breeder may just be right, he would know anyway.

And we tend to go by days when refering to chick ages, which can easily be converted. Six weeks is 42 days which in my opinion would mean your baby would be all the way down to one (two at most) feedings a day. So I am very inclined to believe your breeder has his age wrong, maybe he looked at the wrong clutch listing in his notebook or something. That baby you have can't do just two feedings a day yet. So feed as the breeder told you. ^_^

Here was Hane and Tsume at about five weeks old:
My sister is so white, lol.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julies

Post by julies »

thank you for the pictures it really helps to see your babes at that age i think you r right in saying that elka is about 4 to 5 weeks now, yes she is eating 4 times a day i make it every 6 hours bye the six hour mark her crop is empty so at first i was going off that i still worry over night like her last feed is at 11pm at night but i still get up at 5am to feed.i noticed on here that some one had put a time table it said that for 4 times a day feeds no it said that 11pm last feed for night next feed 7am will she be alright for that long i know with other birds that i have raised have been but they werent irns so just wondering if they r different.
any way she is doing really good and she loves her play time after every feed.my husband says that i spend to much play time with her but i think he is just jealous is there such a thing has to much play time.
hope to her from u soon
thanks
julis :D
RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday »

:oops: Too much cuteness!!! xoxoxo <3 baby ringdings! hehe :wink:
Melika

Post by Melika »

It's good to play with the babies! It helps round out their personalities. ^^

11pm to 7am should be fine. :) I like that you made sure your little baby was getting fed often enough by checking by the crop (empty/not empty) at first. Kudos to you for that. :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julies

news news

Post by julies »

hi all ok elka is now wanting to be in cage , i put her in the cage to day and she loved it she started pruning herself stretching wings flapping wings and being very alert and checking everything out kinda chirpping at me she has almost got all feathers except for right under wing,she is not wanting to be spoon feed but she has this habit of wanting to chew something so i got her some parrot pellets and added some warm water just to mositen and she went nuts on them very much liking them i think i know that i have to keep her spoon feeding going for a little while but not so often is that right i think that she is weaning not sure but thats my conclusion she has so much personalty its not funny she still loves her snuggle time after play time so i hope im doing everthing right if im not please tell me cos i dont want anything to happen to my little bunle of joy i will post some more photos soon
hope to hear from u all soon
thanks
julies :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

All I can say is: Precious!
~ Mikaela Sky